Jaimey's Reviews > An ABC Escapade through Egypt

An ABC Escapade through Egypt by Bernadette Simpson

Jan 13, 2009

bookshelves: egypt, juvenile-nonfiction, alphabet-books, childrens-nonfiction, goodreads-author, 10-fav-childrens, childrens, children-young, nonfiction
Read in July, 2009

Synopsis: This book is exactly what the title says it is: an escapade through modern-day Egypt using the alphabet as a guide.

My two cents: This book is an alliterative masterpiece that belongs on every bookshelf in every home. I was enthralled from the first page. Ms Simpson manages to capture life in modern Egypt with a few simple letters, easy to understand wording and magnificent photographs. From (A)thletes to the city of (Z)amalek, with (E)grets, the (R)ed Sea and (U)rchins in between, it is a truly amazing journey.

While making use of the alphabet to bring the reader into Ms Simpson's world, this is not your typical preschool ABC book. It is written at a more advanced level, more for 9-12 year olds. However, this will be a primary book I use in teaching my own young children about the wonders of modern-day Egypt.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read An ABC Escapade through Egypt.