Melanie's Reviews > Christmas Lane

Christmas Lane by Amy Aislin

F 50x66

Heartwarming, Sweet and Romantic

Rating: 4.5 🌈

As we head into November, it’s time for the Holiday stories (and movies) to start being released.

And for those of us who love to read them (and watch them) to start our holiday feasting!

First up for me was the first in this adorable Amy Aislin Christmas series Lighthouse Bay. Currently running at two books, both holiday novels, it’s a great way to dive into your seasonal reading.

Christmas Lane is a heartwarming age gap, friends to lovers romance set in the appropriately snowy New England (and Hallmarky) town getting ready for its Christmas parade! It doesn’t get more holidayish ( I’m on a roll with yes, those absolutely should be words thing) then that.

Zach Greenfeld’s helping out his sister in the family’s, now hers, store while figuring out his next step. Turns out he gets roped into running the town’s parade, since event planning is his specialty, and ends up next to his forever crush.

Holland Stone, former teacher, now exclusive dollhouse maker and float designer … of his own. And Zach’s crush.

The slow burn romance between Zach and Holland occurs through a parade day countdown format which I love. Day by day as we get closer to the actual parade, the men grow closer through planning the parade, the details of each float, the disasters the arise, the community as it works together and the overall sense of achievement and love that pervades this story.

Everyone and everything has such warmth and depth to it. It may all be covered with the rosy glow of Christmas but by the end there’s no place or town and with no couple you’d rather be spending your time with.

Christmas Lane is charming, heartwarming and romantic. Just a marvelous way to start your holiday reading. I highly recommending it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Christmas Lane.

Started Reading