Kristin's Reviews > The Secret of Platform 13

The Secret of Platform 13 by Eva Ibbotson

bookshelves: books-i-own

Wow...I'll never look at knitting needles the same way again. Thanks a lot, Soft Parts Doreen.

Seriously, though, why isn't this book a well-known classic? It was so charming and funny and addicting. It was like Roald Dahl with a bit of Narnia and Harry Potter thrown in. I loved the writing style, the characters, the plot, everything! What is it with the British and their children's books? They write kids' classics better than anyone else.

Every time I read a new middle grade, I'm hoping that it will be just like this...a new favorite.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Secret of Platform 13.

October 5, 2012 – Shelved
January 29, 2015 – Shelved as: books-i-own
November 9, 2015 – Started Reading
November 9, 2015 –
page 81
35.06% "I am loving this so far."
November 10, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

message 1: by Robin (new)

Robin Interesting. Not unlike a trip from Platform 9 3/4! :)

Kristin I'll have to admit that the title drew me in for that exact reason. :) I was watching some videos of an English book reviewer on Youtube last night and she mentioned this author (and this book).

message 3: by Libby (new)

Libby oh, i LOVE Eva Ibbotson! I've not read this one, but I was given a collection of her books for 'older readers' for Christmas a few years ago and loved them. A Song For Summer is amazing.