Schnaucl's Reviews > The Touch of Twilight

The Touch of Twilight by Vicki Pettersson

Jan 12, 2009

bookshelves: fiction, owned, read_2009, series, urban_fantasy, january

** spoiler alert ** This was a very good continuation of the series. Pettersson set up the next book very well, but I didn't have the feeling while I was reading this book that the entire purpose of this story was to set up the next one.

It was nice to see more of Hunter. I expect he'll play a big role in the next book. I'm hoping he doesn't actually turn to the shadow side, that would be repetitive after this book. While I think Jo/Olivia was right about needed to figures things out herself before getting involved with another man, I would like to see them together. I like Hunter and I'm not entirely convinced why he still wants Jo other than "it feels good." But at least he's mostly avoided the "you've said no but I'm going to keep pursuing you stalker-like but it's okay because we're meant to be together" trap. He made it clear he wants her, but mostly he's left her alone except when she comes to him.

I really didn't mind losing Ben. It had been a while since I'd read the other books so I'd forgotten a lot about him and no longer had a feel for their relationship. Ben himself appeared only briefly. This may all have been intention on Pettersson's part, after all, the point was that Jo/Olivia was holding on to the idea of Ben more than Ben himself.

It looks like there will be some significant changes in the next book. I'm looking forward to seeing how it all plays out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Touch of Twilight.