Carla Doria's Reviews > I Am Enough: Mark Your Mirror And Change Your Life

I Am Enough by Marisa Peer

I debated a little bit before buying this book because of the title. I was pretty sure that "I'm enough" since I've come to a point in life where my self-confidence has improved and that I didn't need a book to remind me of this. However, I decided to give it a try. I started pessimistically thinking I would be listening to the same advice given by other self-books but I actually found thoughtful material in it.
I had the audiobook. I like the fact that it was read by a person who has a similar voice to Marissa Peer's. I had already listened to this therapist in several online speeches so I could identify her voice. It felt as it was being read by her.
The book was short and concise but each chapter provided useful examples of Peer's clients and valuable reflections and teachings. They were not repetitive which tends to seem to be a common issue on self-help books.
Through the chapters, you reflect on the habits of thought, your purpose in life, your brain's desire for only the familiar, and others. You get practical tips with how to change your habits, how to deal with difficult/hateful situations, how to perceive situations you fear, how to work on your goals, and others.
I definitely recommend this book to any type of readers, at any stage of personal development of their lives. The book is intended to help everybody in all levels and it provides concise steps on how to do it little by little and one step at a time.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Am Enough.

October 6, 2021 – Started Reading