Becky's Reviews > Let's Roll!: Ordinary People, Extraordinary Courage

Let's Roll! by Lisa Beamer

Jan 11, 2009

bookshelves: 999-challenge
Read in January, 2009

Lisa Beamer, wife of 9-11 hero Todd Beamer amazed me with her story. I picked up this book hoping that I would learn more about the Flight 93 that went down in Pennsylvania on that horrible day. However, what I got out of the book was much more than just information. Lisa's strength and faith in God are contagious.

The book is a story about how she and Todd met, their families and their belief in the Lord. There are many scripture passages that mean a lot to Lisa herself, and many that Todd kept written in places that he would see them at regular times. There are quotes from Todd's phone call to the authorities from aboard the plane where he was relaying the events that were unfolding. There was also a poem that one of Todd's youth group kids wrote. It made me cry. I think that I wished that there was more information about what happened that day, but I also really think that Lisa gave us all she had. No one will ever have all the answers and if I felt frusterated by that, I cannot even imagine how the familes of the victims feel.

September 11th is a day that most of us will never forget. It is a day that changed each and every one of us in a different way. Each and every time the National Anthem is played, I cry. I don't ever remember that happening until after that fateful day. This story truly touched my heart and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. I can take away all the positive things from this story, and live in hope.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Let's Roll!.