Brooke Hargett's Reviews > Steve Jobs

Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson

Oct 03, 2012

bookshelves: 2013-delicious-reads-selection

I can't say enough positive things about this book!! Walter Isaacson did such an amazing job capturing the essence of such a complex and brilliant man! I LOVED learning about Steve- his passion, his creativity, his obsessive tendencies, his outbursts, his drive! In my opinion, this should be required reading for EVERYONE in business school, and everyone in general could benefit. I learned so many life lessons and got different perspectives that made me think about things in a new way. I can't tell you how many times I've connected things in my own life to something I've learned in the book.

I am astounded by how well written this book is- Walter Isaacson is a master!! Now I want to read his other biographies. Steve Jobs was such a layered and complicated individual and Isaacson totally captured him perfectly. The world will forever be changed and benefitted in many ways from this one individual. I'm so glad Isaacson decided to write this book so that people like me, who use ALL Apple products and have seen every Pixar movie, can learn how these things came to be, how they went from ideas to products. I'm going to write a post on my blog about all the things I learned from this book and when I do, I'll come back and link to it here.

My bookclub, http://deliciousreadsbookclub.blogspo... is reading this book for our August meeting and I'm SO excited to discuss it! Not to mention the movie with the very talented Ashton Kutcher comes out on the 16th. I have heard that Kutcher does a phenomenal portrayal of Jobs, so I'm really excited for that!

I recommend this book to EVERYONE! It's fantastic!! READ IT!!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Steve Jobs.

October 3, 2012 – Shelved