Karla's Reviews > On Dublin Street

On Dublin Street by Samantha Young

5 Stars! RAWRRRRRR! I am in LOVE with Braden Carmichael, my bags are packed and I'm moving to Dublin Street!

Aside from some repetitiveness with Jocelyn's dialogue, it was almost the perfect book! There was tragedy, drama, lust, passion, love, humor, fun, fantastic dialogue and it was SSSSSSSSSIZZLING!

I'm not going to get into the story too much, but this book had two of the best and most realistic scenes I've ever read. One had me laughing so hard, I had tears running down my face. We always fear the embarrassing happening when we get involved in a new relationship...well it happens here...I'm chuckling as I'm writing this, no...actually I'm LMAO just thinking about it! The moment and what occurs afterwards is very funny, or at least it was to me. Then the author brings us right into a heartbreaking moment, one second your laughing, then your heart is pounding...the author knows how to toy with the readers emotions. What ensues after that with Braden and Jocelyn...had me gritting my teeth and wringing my hands...again very real and well-written.

For a character who initially came off as an egotistical ass, Braden was amazing, caring and loving...what a man. What I enjoyed about him most was his playful side, he got angry, but he also knew how to get even and push Jocelyn's buttons. He was just what she needed to push her full circle and deal with her family's death and other tragic moments in her life. Jocelyn was on a path to self-destruction, then built a wall around herself to protect her from bonding and caring about anyone. Braden didn't just knock that wall down, he annihilated it!

There was also a lovely secondary romance with Braden's sister, Ellie, who was also Jocelyn's roommate. I'm hoping the author considers making this a series. There were so many interesting characters that I would love to see featured in a book of their own. Whatever happened to Nicholas? I felt bad for him, even though we barely got to know him. Please Samantha Young, give him somebody to love!

Oh and there is a lovely HEA!! *grinning like mad*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read On Dublin Street.

October 1, 2012 – Started Reading
October 3, 2012 – Shelved as: scrumptious-scot
October 3, 2012 – Shelved as: secondary-romance
October 3, 2012 – Shelved as: angst-filled
October 3, 2012 – Shelved as: favorites

Comments Showing 1-50 of 71 (71 new)

❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️ Great review Karla!! So glad you loved it too ;)

message 2: by ♡Karlyn P♡ (last edited Oct 07, 2012 03:43PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

♡Karlyn P♡ Great review Karla!! I looooved this one too. Wow, Braden was one of the best alpha-yummy-heroes I have read in a long, long time! I still have to write my review, and it will probably end up being an 'ode to Braden'. :-)

Joss was a bit repetitive at times, but I really connected with her despite being so frustrating. She was broken and damaged, but not so far gone she couldn't eventually heal. I enjoyed watching her evolve and open up with people around her.

The writing was also really good. I loved her writing voice, and I thought the pacing of this story worked incredibly well. Great characters and sub-stories too. Just a great read!! I can't wait til she writes more adult romances.

Karla Dorsey wrote: "Great review Karla!! So glad you loved it too ;)"

Thanks Dorsey, it was great!

Julie Great review Karla. I agree I hope this becomes a series too.

Karla Thanks KarLyn! I agree with everything you said. The author is extremely talented and I would love to see her use this as a the basis for a series, so we can re-visit these characters.

Karla Julie wrote: "Great review Karla. I agree I hope this becomes a series too."

Thanks Julie, that would be fantastic!

Sarah 'Oh how I LOVE a bad boy xx' Can't wait to read this one !!
And on the plus side... Dublin's only an hour flight from me !!!!! :-)

Amelia Hey Karla - wonderful review! Braden was such a surprise for me while reading this. He started off typical then morphed into this amazing, tender character. I too need more stories from Dublin Street :)

Kristen Fantastic review, Karla! Even though Jocelyn annoyed me at time, I really enjoyed this book too. It was very realistic and I appreciated that!

~ Becs ~ Rawrrrrr Karla - fabby review x

Elizabeth (Liz) Yup, this one's a keeper! Great job, Karla, and glad you enjoyed it!!

message 12: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Great review, Karla! Rawrrrr! I know you really liked it when you start rawrrring!!! LOL!

message 13: by Baba (new)

Baba  Great review, Karla!

message 14: by Ana (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ana Great Review!!! I enjoyed this book so much too and I know exactly what scene are you talking about and it was amazing!! So funny, realistic and I couldn't stop the giggles while reading it because I was in public and oh God, it was good haha. Glad you liked it :)

Karla Sarah 'Oh how I LOVE a bad boy xx' wrote: "Can't wait to read this one !!
And on the plus side... Dublin's only an hour flight from me !!!!! :-)"

Enjoy Sarah!!

Karla Amelia wrote: "Hey Karla - wonderful review! Braden was such a surprise for me while reading this. He started off typical then morphed into this amazing, tender character. I too need more stories from Dublin Stre..."

Thanks Amelia! Perfect description...morphed. Braden was everything that is good in a man. Another boy for the harem. I hope she continues and morphs this into a series!

Karla Kristen wrote: "Fantastic review, Karla! Even though Jocelyn annoyed me at time, I really enjoyed this book too. It was very realistic and I appreciated that!"

Thanks Kristen. Very, very real...I couldn't agree more.

I miss you!!!!! xo

Karla Becs wrote: "Rawrrrrr Karla - fabby review x"

Thanks Becs! The Kougar lost all control!

Karla Elizabeth wrote: "Yup, this one's a keeper! Great job, Karla, and glad you enjoyed it!!"

Definitely on the favorite shelf! Thanks Elizabeth!

Karla Taryn-does it have romance? wrote: "Damn this review! lol I seriously need to read this book soon!"

I know Taryn...one more to add to the pile! LOL! Push it to the top!

Karla Kelly wrote: "Great review, Karla! Rawrrrr! I know you really liked it when you start rawrrring!!! LOL!"

LOL! Thanks Kelly, couldn't help myself!

Karla Baba wrote: "Great review, Karla!"

Thanks Baba!

Karla Kellie wrote: "Great review!! I'm glad you enjoyed this. I really loved it!"

I'm still thinking about it Kellie. Thanks!

Karla Ana wrote: "Great Review!!! I enjoyed this book so much too and I know exactly what scene are you talking about and it was amazing!! So funny, realistic and I couldn't stop the giggles while reading it because..."

I've never read anything like that in a romantic book, and it just cracked me up...the whole scene. It was sweet, funny and well...shit happens! LOL! Thank Ana!

Jill M Great Review Karla. I have this added to my long TBR list!

Karla Jill (twimom817) wrote: "Great Review Karla. I have this added to my long TBR list!"

Thanks Jill...you will love it!

Blacky *Romance Addict* Rawrrrr ahahahaha yes, I feel that way too! Braden is so delicious! Oh my <3

Karla Blacky wrote: "Rawrrrr ahahahaha yes, I feel that way too! Braden is so delicious! Oh my <3"

He brought the Kougar out in me!!

Blacky *Romance Addict* Hahahahah XD yeah it's just not healthy now much he's hot, and he doesn't even exist! I feel some therapy coming my way

message 30: by Jill (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jill Great review, Karla! I've heard some great things and not so great things about this one. I'll wait and see I think.

Karla Jill wrote: "Great review, Karla! I've heard some great things and not so great things about this one. I'll wait and see I think."

Thanks Jill! The good outweighs the bad. I had similar feelings to Kristen's about Jocelyn, but then at the end of the book she won me over! Braden, well...he was a jerk for the first few pages and pure perfection after that!

message 32: by Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* (last edited Oct 04, 2012 09:21PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* Awesome review, Karla, my dear!! Thanks for bringing this book to my attention. What you said about Braden has me eager to "meet" him - SOON! :-)

I've read Smokeless Fire (Fire Spirits, #1) by Samantha Young by Samantha Young and quite liked that, though I haven't read the rest of that series yet.

I'll need to get On Dublin Street!

message 33: by Chryssa (last edited Oct 05, 2012 04:27AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Chryssa One of the sweetest reviews
Bravo Karla!
(I 've had the English men to obsess about....and now! Bring on the Scots!!!!)

Karla Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* wrote: "Awesome review, Karla, my dear!! Thanks for bringing this book to my attention. What you said about Braden has me eager to "meet" him - SOON! :-)

I've read Smokeless Fire (Fire Spirits, #1) by Samantha Young by ..."

Thanks Jayne. Oh yes, you need to meet Braden. I have that book by SY, but I'm thinking that I remember seeing it was a YA. I'll have to move it towards the top of the pile. You know how I love my YA!

Karla Chryssa wrote: "One of the sweetest review to read! Like the book, this review had me smiling and agreeing with your every word!
Bravo Karla!
(I 've had the English men to obsess about....and now! Bring on the Sco..."

Thank you Chryssa. Everyone seems to like this book and love Braden!

message 36: by Tara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tara Great review! I really enjoyed this one as well.

Karla Tara wrote: "Great review! I really enjoyed this one as well."

Thanks Tara!

Jennifer Lane Awesome review, Karla! I love heroes who initially seem like jerks then more than redeem themselves.

Karla Jennifer wrote: "Awesome review, Karla! I love heroes who initially seem like jerks then more than redeem themselves."

Thanks Jennifer! Braden redeems himself in big way!

message 40: by Dee (new) - added it

Dee Great review Karla! ....After reading everyones reviews have added it to my Wish list!

Karla Dee wrote: "Great review Karla! ....After reading everyones reviews have added it to my Wish list!"

Thanks Dee, you won't regret it!

KatLynne Wonderful review Karla! I cannot wait to read this. Love a book that has me laughing one minute and emotional the next.

Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞ Loved ur review Karla...definitely SSSSSSSSSIZZLING!!

Karla KatLynne wrote: "Wonderful review Karla! I cannot wait to read this. Love a book that has me laughing one minute and emotional the next."

Thanks dear KatLynne. There is a scene in this book that you don't find it romance books, it's and hysterical! I think you are going to love this one!

Karla ♠ Sharon is an emotional book junkie ♠ wrote: "Loved ur review Karla...definitely SSSSSSSSSIZZLING!!"

Thank you Sharon! It singed me!

message 46: by Ann (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ann Loved your review Karla and your enthusiasm for the bk. And it's ALL about Braden. He was so delish I just didn't want it to end.

Karla Ann wrote: "Loved your review Karla and your enthusiasm for the bk. And it's ALL about Braden. He was so delish I just didn't want it to end."

Thanks Ann! Yes, Braden stole the show!

Lady Heather Great review Karla! This is one of my all time favorite books (because of Braedon). He is one of my favorite Alpha's..EVER!

Karla Lady Heather wrote: "Great review Karla! This is one of my all time favorite books (because of Braedon). He is one of my favorite Alpha's..EVER!"

Thanks Heather! Braden is going into my Alpha Male Hall of Fame!

Crista This book seems like it's the "newest craze"! Your review tells why so nicely! Thanks....

« previous 1