preppea's Reviews > Mistakes

Mistakes by A.M. Hayward

bookshelves: kidnap, dark, zz-reviewed

Oh my. This is dark - terrifying - horrifying. But also really good. As a firmly middle-class girl surrounded by rich kids, Maddison has always been an observer - but when she meets Jack she wants to start participating. She's tired of being restricted by her parents beliefs of what money does to people and she enlists her best friend's help to sneak away for a spring break on Padre Island. Things quickly turn for the worst though as Maddison and Aimee are kidnapped to be sold by human-traffickers.

At the beginning of the book I found myself questioning things. I thought Jack seemed a bit flat as a character and didn't really get the pull Maddison felt for him. The kidnappers seemed to make really big mistakes that were quite convenient for the storyline. But then, Maddison was thrown in a jail cell with Dalton and I forgot all my complaints and just let myself be swept up by the traumatizing story.

This is no happily ever after and you will be screaming for the second book in the trilogy as soon as you finish the first, but this is a book that you don't want to miss. Just be ready with a big box of tissues - because this is not for the light of heart. (view spoiler)

**Reviewed by Michelle on I ♥ Bookie Nookie Reviews

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mistakes.

Started Reading