Brooke Hargett's Reviews > Gone Girl

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

Oct 02, 2012

bookshelves: favorites

Gone Girl is a devious, crazy, twisted ride, and I couldn't put it down! Seriously I think I read it in three days. I loved Gillian's writing-it was so descriptive in this crisp and raw way. I loved having the two character viewpoints because- for the first half anyway- I could see both perspectives clearly and understand where they were coming from, pulling me back and forth from one side to the other. I thought Gillian nailed Nick's viewpoint, making him a solid character that felt so real. Then the second half of the book.... holy crap! Let me just say I didn't see anything coming and I was riveted by all the twists. This story is dark and messes with you head, like a car accident you can't look away from. When I said it was raw, I think that's a perfect way to describe it, raw language, raw descriptions and raw subject matter, so its not for the delicate of heart. It's been a long time since I've read something I couldn't put down, so if you're looking for a page turner and are ready for a crazy ride, this is it. I will definitely be picking up her other books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gone Girl.