Faith's Reviews > Under the Duvet: Shoes, Reviews, Having the Blues, Builders, Babies, Families and Other Calamities

Under the Duvet by Marian Keyes

Jan 11, 2009

bookshelves: 2005, biography

Under the Duvet is a collection of "things" (dont know what to call 'em) that Marian Keyes has written for Irish newspapers/magazines. She writes about funny episodes in her life and about her thoughts on current issues. U get a really good picture of what kind of person MK is. She is really much like many of her characters. MK says that none of her characters are real persons, but made up by combining up to 100 persons MK has met or something. What is clear from Under the Duvet is that all MK's characters have something of MK herself in them. Also obviously she takes a lot of the stuff she writes about from her own life.

So Under the Duvet is a really great book. It might be even more entertaining than MK's novels, because it’s definitely never boring. I coudnt stop reading, cos it was so funny. I would indeed have liked to read more...

What else I want to say about MK is that she is just so down to earth and great. And under humor there is something serious too.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Under the Duvet.