Kimberly's Reviews > In the Meantime: Finding Yourself and the Love You Want

In the Meantime by Iyanla Vanzant

Jan 10, 2009

Read in July, 1999

The truth is that love is buried in your soul, and no relationship with anyone can unearth it or activate it in your life.

I was no longer angry about what i could not and did not have in a relationship. In the meantime, I learned how to mind my own business. The business of loving myself and being excited about me.

The interference from my relationship channel was creating static on every other channel of my life.

In the meantime, if we can remain loving of ourselves and toward other people by staying in conscious and honest communication, a disruption, snag, or delay in a relationship becomes a healing process.When we cannot, we engage in meantime behavior - hurting, fighting, not telling the truth, and moving forward in confusion.

Life is all about love. Love is the only true meaning of life.

Accept the fact that in a relationship the only person you are dealing with is yourself. Your partner does nothing more than reveal your stuff to you.

What you believe about yourself is reflected in the people with whom you choose to align yourself.

Our relationships and the people in them are the tools God uses to give us a soul lift. God, the creator of our life, wants you to elevate the way you view yourself and treat yourself, and ultimately the way you treat others and allow them to treat you.

'Love conquers all.' Wrong! Love cannot work through dishonesty, denial, fear, or people-pleasing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In the Meantime.

02/17/2016 marked as: read