Richard Denney's Reviews > City of Ashes

City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare

Oct 01, 2012

bookshelves: 2012-favorites

This one dragged a little so I deducted a star but other than that, I loved it. I enjoyed the story separation, it reminded me of J.K. Rowling's writing where some scenes are about Clary and Simon but in a flash of a paragraph you are in a dark room with Valentine and Imogen. You get to know the villain more as well as other characters when authors do this, I'm doing it now with Wicked Beautiful. I enjoyed this book and I cannot wait to see what happens in book 3 and why the hell Simon can be in the sunlight!! WTF is going on? all the questions!!!! I NEED ANSWERS NOW!!!!

description

- MUST EXPLAIN WHY I CANNOT READ ANYTHING ELSE RIGHT NOW LOL

-R.D.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Ashes.

October 1, 2012 – Shelved
October 6, 2012 – Started Reading
October 6, 2012 –
page 15
3.31% "barely starting this and it will probably be a bit because it's big and I want to devour it. :)"
October 6, 2012 –
page 15
3.31% "Simon is not going to grow on me. I'll say it now and I'll say it at the end of the trilogy. I don't like him as a character and when I don't like a character it stays that way. :)"
October 8, 2012 –
page 50
11.04% "Clary, can I slap you?"
October 11, 2012 –
page 103
22.74% "Why can't someone kill Simon already? Jace, do it for me."
October 13, 2012 –
page 123
27.15% "I still don't like Simon, in fact I think I hate him now."
October 19, 2012 –
page 205
45.25% "I didn't see that coming but okay."
October 24, 2012 –
page 309
68.21% "I really just wanna beat the shit out of the Inquisitor. Also, Carly , make up your damn mind about Simon, he's not a toy and neither is Jace."
October 30, 2012 –
page 373
82.34% "A lot of people don't like Jace, I love him. But I don't want him with Clary."
November 3, 2012 – Shelved as: 2012-favorites
November 3, 2012 – Finished Reading

Abrianna i'm just curious but why do you hate him so much?

Richard Denney Abrianna wrote: "i'm just curious but why do you hate him so much?"

The things that he does just irk me, espcially now that he's kissing Clary and she's going along with it. It doesn't make any sense to me lol

Abrianna don't worry about that. that's not going to be a problem later on trust me. spoiler alert, that's just a little phase that doesn't even last