Ruth B's Reviews > Cemetery Girl

Cemetery Girl by Joseph Cognard

bookshelves: 2012, romance, young-adult

Cemetery Girl is a funny and entertaining book. Janie is a young girl dealing with all the things growing up brings and with a special ability.

The story moves with an interesting rhythm. Most books have all the tension accumulated at one point of the book. Cemetery girl is like a rollercoaster. More than once, you get anxious and you see a key moment arriving. Suddenly the situation is solved and a new one start and again you beginning to wait for the resolution of a new part of the story.

I really like that about that book because it felt real. It was like something that can happen for real. In real life not everything has a beginning, a middle and an end. You have thousands of that, reality changes every 5 seconds. The situations, problems, mysteries are solved but you find a new one in the next step.

Janie is a lovely character. Is one of those you can imagine as your friend and you want the best for her. Her BFF is so annoying sometimes but you like her anyway. Bobby and Keith are two great boys; each one has something special and they are an excellent addition to the story.
The paranormal part of the story is really sweet and easy to follow. I’m glad that the book was about more than just that.

The drawings were also an important part of the book. I love them and I think they help you have a more complete idea of the story. And the fact that there were not only one point of view was part of that wide experience.

Cemetery Girl is an ideal book for young readers. Is fast and has all the ingredients of an enjoyable YA novel.

(I recieved a copy of the book from the author in exchange for an honest review).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cemetery Girl.

October 1, 2012 – Started Reading