Melanie's Reviews > The Demon's in the Details

The Demon's in the Details by Meghan Maslow

F 50x66

Just Outstanding, must read

Rating: 5🌈

Author Meghan Maslow is a writer I only recently became familiar with but already she’s a must read and highly recommended one. I’m quickly gobbling up anything from her that I’ve not read yet. Which is how I came across this outstanding story.

The Demon's in the Details
by Meghan Maslow was previously published in the Fables Retold Anthology, which I somehow missed.

Now rereleased as a stand-alone story, it’s fairytale storylines, outstanding characters and great location of Baltimore all combines into one fantasy to remember.

Honestly, basing this in Baltimore? Epic idea! From all the memorable historic locations in and around Baltimore that get used, beautifully I might add, in this story and plots, you have the author’s use of Raven shifters and a major character with the name of Poe.

Edgar Allen Poe , the author and poet is synonymous with Baltimore and he’s buried there. To locate a clan of Raven shifters there? Perfection! And have as one of its main characters a Raven shifter in need who’s also a theft? Genius!

The demon Tommy is such a well developed character and has so many well defined layers to his personality that it was marvelous watching the tiny reveals. Almost as fascinating and wonderful as it was watching the dance of attraction/passions play out between Poe and Tommy while all the other clan and territorial drama ignites around them.

Maslow doesn’t shortchange any character here, all get plenty of attention to detail and admirable depth to each. So much that we learn to anticipate and enjoy each one as we see them and their interactions with our couple. Whether it’s Carter or Kennedy or Lucy, one of the twins. It’s more, pls, of everyone, well, except Ethan. That stepfather was pure evil.

I really do need a sequel here. Need to know what happens to certain other characters and how the roost is doing. Even how a certain crow is enjoying his new digs….

Maslow made these beings come alive and Baltimore, it’s history and plain weirdness, never came across better.

What a grand story, what fantastic beings, how I love this!

And highly recommend it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Demon's in the Details.

Started Reading