Rhiannon Frater's Reviews > Jenny Plague-Bringer

Jenny Plague-Bringer by J.L. Bryan

Oct 01, 2012

bookshelves: favorites, favorite-author, favorite-horror, disturbingly-awesome

A freakin' awesome book all around. So amazingly well done and just epic on every scale.

Full review to come.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jenny Plague-Bringer.

October 1, 2012 – Started Reading
October 1, 2012 – Shelved
October 1, 2012 –
0.0% "Absolutely thrilled that J.L. wrote a 4th book in the series. Loving it!! Totally!!!"
October 1, 2012 –
61.0% "Seriously, this is NOT a YA novel. It's horror, plain and simple. Wowzers."
October 3, 2012 –
82.0% "Seriously, this is NOT a YA novel. It's horror, plain and simple. Wowzers."
October 3, 2012 –
82.0% "SEX!!!! SEX!!! LOTS AND LOTS OF SEX!! Seriously, the last few chapters have been all about the sex. The manipulations behind the sex scenes are so disturbing!\n \n Again this is NOT a Young Adult novel."
October 3, 2012 –
86.0% "Ah, and now the gore! I love it when Jenny unleashes the pox!"
October 3, 2012 –
91.0% "The gorefest continues! Also, the death toll is epic! I love that J.L. is not afraid to kill his darlings."
October 4, 2012 –
100.0% "Wow! Can I give this ten stars?"
October 4, 2012 – Finished Reading
January 22, 2013 – Shelved as: favorites
April 16, 2014 – Shelved as: favorite-author
April 16, 2014 – Shelved as: favorite-horror
April 16, 2014 – Shelved as: disturbingly-awesome

message 1: by Marlene (new) - added it

Marlene I cannot wait to read it!

message 2: by Leilani (new) - added it

Leilani I read Paranormals 1-3, love them! Can't wait to read #4!

message 3: by Marlene (new) - added it

Marlene I was pretty surprised with the sexual parts in the first book. But in a good way. Love the gore too! J.L Bryan does such a great job describing everything. It makes me feel like I'm in the middle of the madness. I seriously cannot wait to read book 4.

Rhiannon Frater Marlene wrote: "I was pretty surprised with the sexual parts in the first book. But in a good way. Love the gore too! J.L Bryan does such a great job describing everything. It makes me feel like I'm in the middle ..."

Though J.L. says the book is horror, I think people kept expecting it to be YA. The sex in this book is WAY more explicit and the violence/gore is gruesome. Love it!

message 5: by Tina (new) - added it

Tina cant find the book to buy- no isbn on here either to help my search

Rhiannon Frater Tina wrote: "cant find the book to buy- no isbn on here either to help my search" It comes out at the end of October. J.L. sent it to me early.

message 7: by Tina (new) - added it

Tina thanks! i figured it wasnt out yet but usually if its the same months the release date you can pre-order-i just got the first three books last month

Rhiannon Frater Tina wrote: "thanks! i figured it wasnt out yet but usually if its the same months the release date you can pre-order-i just got the first three books last month"

It's an Indie title, so the option for pre-order isn't available. But it is AWESOME.

message 9: by Tina (new) - added it

Tina cant wait to read them!

Book Bite Reviews 3 cheers for it not being a YA Novel ! hip hip hooray! Lol J.L Bryans other novels in the series weren't, so why should this one be any different?

Book Bite Reviews as far as giving it 10 stars , why not?