Denise DeSio's Reviews > The Echo Wife

The Echo Wife by Sarah Gailey

bookshelves: incredible

I absolutely loved this book! There are enough reviews that tell you the whole story, so I won't do that. Even the author's blurb tells the reader way too much. I'm so glad I didn't read any of it before I read the book, because the plot is unique and the unfolding was delicious. Trust me about this. I don't give a 5-star rating to just any book. Just stop reading now and buy it.

Ok, I knew you wouldn't listen, so I'll give you as little information as possible. I will tell you that Evelyn, the protagonist, is a scientist, specializing in cloning human beings. And my favorite thing about her character is the way she struggles to analyze and temper each and every one of her human emotions with the kind of logic that a scientist must have.

Granted, that logic leads her to make some strange decisions, but what choice does she have? Her cheating bastard of a husband is cheating on her? Well, she guesses it was probably inevitable, given her lack of attentiveness to his needs and her refusal to start a family. And what about that hussy he's sleeping with? Well, it's not her fault he's a lying, cheating piece of sh*#, and much worse! So when the hussy requests a meeting, Evelyn's inquisitive mind is irrepressible, and she agrees to meet. She never, not EVER expects to find...<< But that's the part you'll have to find out for yourself.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Echo Wife.

Started Reading