Laura *Little Read Riding Hood*'s Reviews > Boyfriend from Hell

Boyfriend from Hell by Jamie Quaid

Sep 29, 2012

liked it

Tina has a rough life; she is disabled due to an unfortunate event in college, she works in the Zone - which was affected by a nasty chemical spill that has some bizarre side affects, and her boyfriend just tried to kill her. Oh, and she is in her last semester of law school.

Good lord I was so confused early on. I couldn't figure out if it was magic, chemical reactions, or what the heck was causing some of the oddities of the Zone. And the people in the Zone. In this story I learned things with Tina, which can be hard. Only getting one side of the story can make things complicated, in that I am never sure what is going on. And that is what I am going to blame my lack of ability to follow the story on.

It really was all over the place. It felt like a really good idea for a book, but like it was missing those thoughtful insights from the MC that help you empathize with her. She was just kind of bleh.

Her love interest/boss, Andre, is the reason I liked this book more than I probably should have. I kept reading for the scenes he showed up in. He is frustratingly mysterious and I thought he was fantastically hilarious. And he is sexy. You know I am a sucker for sexy bad boys with a soft spot for their girl. Well, what they see as their girl, even if she disagrees.

And I got so confused at the end, I am still not 100% sure what the f**k just happened.

I mean ... what? Not a cliffhanger, but it definitely leaves options open for more stories. Will I read them? Possibly. I really liked Andre. :-)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Boyfriend from Hell.

September 29, 2012 – Started Reading
September 29, 2012 – Shelved
September 29, 2012 –
October 2, 2012 –
9.0% "That sucks ... what a shitty day!"
October 6, 2012 –