Danika's Reviews > Life As We Knew It

12982077
Sep 29, 2012

it was ok
Recommended to Danika by: Myself

If I had to sum up this book in just one word, it would grim. Or depressing.

Strong Points:
-Very strong message. It was really amazing to read because it made you think of how easy life is and how we really shouldn't take anything for granted.
-I liked Miranda's journal entries because of the format. The first person narration and concise entries were really great.
-There were certain sections or entries that I found to be really interesting and engaging.
-Sometimes I found myself stressing about stocking up on food... oh wow.

What I didn't like:
-I saw a spoiler before it happened. >.< But that's my fault. (view spoiler)
-Some parts were just point-blank boring. I felt like when it started to get into repitition I was kind of starting to lose interest.
-I felt like Jonny's characters wasn't developed a whole lot. It seemed like he ping-ponged back and forth like he was two different people. It was kinds of weird, actually.
-Not going to lie, some of the ideas in the book seemed kind of gender-biased to me. They just kinda rubbed me the wrong way.

Overall, I somewhat enjoyed the book and it made a fleeting impact, but it was lacking the end-of-the-world action I was expecting and any interest factor for me.

2/5 stars.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Life As We Knew It.

September 29, 2012 – Shelved
January 12, 2013 – Started Reading
January 13, 2013 –
page 27
January 15, 2013 –
page 59
January 16, 2013 –
page 140
41.54% "This is an estimation of page number.\n I just reached a more interesting section, however, it is not totally gripping me and I am a little bored."
January 16, 2013 –
page 230
68.25% "...\n Saw a spoiler when I was looking for when the next section, "winter" started. ...\n \n I am on Fall now. Can't say I'm captivated by the book."
January 17, 2013 –