Melanie's Reviews > A Rival for Rivingdon

A Rival for Rivingdon by J.A. Rock

F 50x66

Another wonderful romance in a series I adore

Rating. 4.5 🌈

I quite adore this Regency series. After the last romance with the intense and highly intelligent Lord Christmas Gale and several murders at the center, I wasn’t sure what awaited me here with this couple.

Yes we were given glances of the pair in book 2 but I wasn’t quite prepared for the dry and funny opening here. Honestly, it reads like a Tale of Two Twits, albeit very well dressed and well bred ones.

But this is Rock and Henry , so the twits at hand who are about to make their debut and have their first Season , have a rivalry that starts to spiral immediately into a story of personal growth, a bit of sexy romping about, some madcap adventures and finally true love.

Yes our lovely boyish twits of fashion and the Tonne become young vulnerable and often poignant men who, after some introspection and advice, find the lives they’ve lead a bit lacking in kindness and decide on a new path, together. Happily.

It’s really a kind, sweet, story and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Plus it sets up one I’ve been dying to read. That of Lord Soulden. That’s next up in A Sanctuary for Soulden.

This a just a remarkably great and romantic series, each story contains bits of the others and their characters who are truly noteworthy.

Read them in the order they are written for a simply splendid romantic Regency journey. I recommend all those releases to date.

Series - The Lords of Bucknall Club

A Husband for Hartwell #1
A Case for Christmas #2
A Rival for Rivingdon #3
A Sanctuary for Soulden #4. - coming soon
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Rival for Rivingdon.

Started Reading