Jaime Arkin's Reviews > Stupid and Contagious

Stupid and Contagious by Caprice Crane

bookshelves: new-adult, stand-alone-books

Stupid and Contagious is probably one of the funniest books I've read in quite a while. I swear for the first third of the book this was me

Photobucket

Heaven and Brady are neighbors. Brady has just moved in and Heaven has just recently lost her job. I'm finding it hard to put into words just how different these characters are.

Heaven has it in her head that if she isn't married by the age of 27 she's probably going to die... and Brady, well, he's definitely not looking to get married at all. He's just ended a relationship with his psycho ex. Their first actual face-to-face encounter involves Heaven opening his mail and 'borrowing' the ten dollars his grandma sent him so you can only imagine where it goes from there.

and then

Heaven... she's so incredibly neurotic it's amusing. She's not stupid though. And I found that I liked her... a lot. She has no sense of personal boundaries and it makes for some very funny situations.

"I've made two lists in my life that give a little insight into who I am. Not much, but a little. One list is the "people I hate " list. The other is the "people who are not invited to my funeral" list."

That's how you first meet Heaven and couldn't help but laugh at her reasoning for the two lists.

But I think I laughed the hardest when I was reading Brady's chapters. I don't know if it's just the idea of being inside this guys head and seeing him interact with him friends and Heaven but I think that Crane wrote this guy perfectly.

"Because when all is said and done, were there a pair of breasts and a taut naked stomach staring me in the face, I'd gladly ride that toboggan straight back down to hell."

Photobucket

Brady has his own record company and he's an inventor - he is always trying to think of the next big thing and when we meet him, he's just come up with Cinnamilk.

From the first time Brady and Heaven meet they instantly dislike each other, but their relationship evolves gradually and believable... even though some of what happens is a bit of a stretch.

Why did I give it 4 stars instead of 5 you ask? I think personally the ending seemed a bit out of character. I won't tell you what it was, you'll just have to read.

Overall, I really, really enjoyed this book. It's definitely just an enjoyable story. Something that will make you smile and laugh and quite possibly cackle like a weirdo while reading. Give it a read and I know I'll be putting Caprice Crane on my authors to watch list. Can't wait for more from her!

This review can be found on my blog, Fic Fare:

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stupid and Contagious.

September 27, 2012 – Shelved
September 29, 2012 – Started Reading
September 29, 2012 –
page 21
6.62% "I've made two lists in my life that give a little insight I to who I am. Not much, but a little. One list is the "people I hate " list. The other is the "people who are not invited to my funeral" list."
October 18, 2012 –
page 63
19.87% ""I'm sorry, I'm just a little shocked. You opened my mail and stole money from it?" *giggling*"
page 83
26.18% ""You're it aren't you?" He says. "You're my karmic punishment for some bad thing I did." Lolz"
page 92
29.02% "Because when all is said and done, were there a pair of breasts and a taut naked stomach staring me in the face, I'd gladly ride that toboggan straight back down to hell. Lulz"
page 124
39.12% "Down comes a hundred and twenty pound bag of flour into your cock. It's like running into a wall at top speed with a hard on. *literally cackling*"
page 125
39.43% "I think she broke my dick ."
page 317
October 19, 2012 – Finished Reading
October 22, 2012 – Shelved as: new-adult
October 22, 2012 – Shelved as: stand-alone-books

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Kbs (new)

Kbs Loved it too! Now I want to read everything by this author!