Jane's Reviews > Happy Ever After

Happy Ever After by Nora Roberts

Sep 27, 2012

liked it

Having read the first three books in the Bride Quartet series, there was never any question as to whether I would also read the final one, despite the fact that I didn't enjoy the previous books as much as I might have liked. I had issues with each and every one of the main characters of each of the other three books, as well as the way the romance in each book went. I already knew how this one was going to end, there was no doubt in my mind whatsoever; in this series Nora Roberts hasn't brave enough to throw a spanner in the works in the lives of any of her heroines.

This book follows Parker Brown, the last of the four women who run Vows, a wedding planning business. Vows was Parker's idea; a way to help her deal with the deaths of both of her parents. Throughout the previous three books, we have had a preview of Parker's personality; she is a workaholic and uber-organised, but she's a great friend and a talented business woman. She meets Malcolm Kavanaugh, a friend of her brother's, and this book follows her as she helps to plan the weddings of her best friends, alongside pursuing a romance with Mal.

I like Parker a lot more than I liked Mac, Emma, and to a certain extent, Laurel. She's not stubborn and irritable like Mac, and she's not sickly sweet like Emma. It seems as though Roberts wanted to create four very different friends to give four very different books, but sometimes it feels as though it is a bit forced. Parker is the best of all the women, she's romantic but not saccharine like Emma, she's professional and serious but not frustrating like Parker, and she's practical but not as prickly as Laurel.

(view spoiler)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Happy Ever After.