Steph Su's Reviews > Summers at Castle Auburn

Summers at Castle Auburn by Sharon Shinn

2010935

bookshelves: best-of-12, comfort-read, favorites, swoonworthy-love-interest
Recommended to Steph Su by: Rachel Piper
Read 2 times. Last read April 17, 2013 to April 19, 2013.

There’s a special shelf in my mental/virtual bookcase. Until now, only Crown Duel resided there, a little proud in being the only one to make it onto that shelf but getting kind of lonely.

AND THEN! ANOTHER BOOK TEARS THROUGH THE LONELINESS AND SPREADS ITS SUNSHINE ON THE SHELF/MY LIFE! It’s SUMMERS AT CASTLE AUBURN! It, too, contains that rare phenomenon where the characters and the romance make me squeak with glee while not skimping on the fantasy world-building!

HURRAH!

I did think about writing a more official review but I think I about covered all I have to say about this book. Squeeeeee.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Summers at Castle Auburn.

Finished Reading
September 26, 2012 – Shelved
October 17, 2012 –
10.0% "I don't know where this is going but I'm actually enjoying the languid pace and the not-so-camaraderie of the characters."
October 17, 2012 –
27.0% "Oh, how charming! I love all the characters and their interactions with one another! Corie reminds me of all the best and worst parts of being 14!"
October 18, 2012 –
59.0% "Getting sad. But also--the romance is racheting up!"
October 19, 2012 –
65.0% "Curses on work for not letting me read this in peace and joy!"
October 20, 2012 – Shelved as: comfort-read
October 20, 2012 – Shelved as: best-of-12
October 20, 2012 – Shelved as: favorites
October 20, 2012 – Shelved as: swoonworthy-love-interest
October 20, 2012 –
100.0% "The romantic conclusion felt a bit off for me, but on the whole, oh how I loved this. What a gorgeously told story full of strong characters, political conspiracies, and fall-at-my-feet-swoonworthy romance!"
April 17, 2013 – Started Reading
April 19, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)

Rachel Piper Hurray! I'm so glad you liked this. It's easily in my top 3 most beloved books, but for whatever reason it's one that has had mixed reactions when I recommend it. I'm excited when others love this book too, it deserves to be much more widely known!

Steph Su Rachel wrote: "Hurray! I'm so glad you liked this. It's easily in my top 3 most beloved books, but for whatever reason it's one that has had mixed reactions when I recommend it. I'm excited when others love this ..."

I LOVE IT SO MUCH I COULD TALK ABOUT IT FOREVER IN CAPS CAPS CAPS.

Sai O.O really?!?!?! Must check out... I always find myself thinking wistfully (and sadly) how I will never read anything like my beloved Crown n Court duet again... wow. I have hope! Thanks! :D

Steph Su Sai wrote: "O.O really?!?!?! Must check out... I always find myself thinking wistfully (and sadly) how I will never read anything like my beloved Crown n Court duet again... wow. I have hope! Thanks! :D"

If you wistful-think about Crown Duel then you MUSTTTTTTTT read this one ahhhhhhhhh I can never talk about it sensibly ahhhhhhhhh.

Sai Steph Su wrote: "Sai wrote: "O.O really?!?!?! Must check out... I always find myself thinking wistfully (and sadly) how I will never read anything like my beloved Crown n Court duet again... wow. I have hope! Tha..."
Ahhhhhhh its available at my library!!! I think I'm too full of quivery anticipation and excitement and hope *o* and my exams end tomorrow so yesssss (btw wow you're so in love with this! adds to the book's allure :D)

Steph Su Sai wrote: "Steph Su wrote: "Sai wrote: "O.O really?!?!?! Must check out... I always find myself thinking wistfully (and sadly) how I will never read anything like my beloved Crown n Court duet again... wow. ..."

Thank you, libraries!!!!!! ^_____^

Judy I remember gushing about Crown Duel on one of your reviews before, so now I have to pick up this one! I think my sister read this and really loved it.

Lyra Crown/Court Duel is one of my all time favorites, bumping this one to the top of my list on your recommendation!

message 9: by 茉莉花 (new) - added it