Sheela's Reviews > One Last Thing Before I Go

One Last Thing Before I Go by Jonathan Tropper

Sep 26, 2012

liked it
Read in August, 2012

In truth, my rating for this book is between a 3& a 4. My all time favorite Tropper book is this is where I leave you.

Thankfully, Tropper presents himself as less of a mysoginist - his main character is a one hit wonder rocker who in his all encompassing quest for fame wrecks his family and thus ruins his life. We find him in a dwelling off the highway that is known as a place where divorced men go to decay and live on the fringes of the families that they have lost to 2nd marriages.

Silver, lives in the past, wishing that things had worked out differently with so many regrets. Then it is uncovered that he has a heart condition that is treatable by surgery to be done by none other than his ex-wife's soon to be second husband. His daughter whom he is estranged confides that she is pregnant by a family friend's son - yadda, yadda. Fearing that the end is near - Silver refuses to have surgery but goes on a quest to write the wrongs of his past life.

By the end, I was rooting for the guy to get to a good place with his family. I even wished that it was him ending up with his family. I really wanted his second chance to come.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Last Thing Before I Go.