♥Rachel♥'s Reviews > Three River Ranch

Three River Ranch by Roxanne Snopek

bookshelves: netgalley-e-book

3.5 Stars

Three River Ranch was like the perfect chick-flick. You know you’re going to have a feel good story with some bumps in the road, but eventually get to a happily-ever-after. You sit down on the couch with your popped corn and maybe a nice glass of wine, and let the fantasy take you away.

Aurora, “Rory” has had a trying few months. She found out she found out she was pregnant, and then that her cheating fiancé was dumping her for his skank assistant. He had the gall to ask her if the baby was his! Unable to stay in the same town and have to face all the pitying stares, Rory clears out of town, with her shaggy Labradoodle and impulsively rents a guesthouse, sight unseen, at a place called Three River Ranch. She rides up to the property and finds the owner, Carson Granger, has no idea that his lawyer and brother rented out the guesthouse.

Rory moving in puts a wrench in Carson’s plans of staying in the guesthouse while he renovates the main lodge. He has no time for a woman, much less a very pregnant one. He has plans of starting a wild horse reserve, and his newly inherited ranch Three River fits the bill nicely. The trouble is his stubborn father made marriage a stipulation to gain the fortune along with the property. You see the direction this is headed, right?

Going into this story, I had no idea the heroine would be pregnant. I guess I should have looked at the cover a little better, because it’s right on there. Just call me Miss Observant! This threw me off a little in the beginning, don’t know exactly why. Maybe it’s just preconceived ideas that a pregnant woman is off limits to anyone but the father of her baby. But I guess that isn’t the case when the father just coldly kicks you to the curb. Jerk! I liked her little revenge on him at their last dinner.*insert evil laugh here* Anyhow, once I wrapped my head around that fact, I got into the story really enjoyed it.

This was written in third person but went back and forth between Rory and Carson’s perspectives which made it easy to connect with both of them. Rory was a sweet and likable character always thinking about the best for her unborn baby, but dealing with unexpected prospect of being a single parent. Carson, while a little rough around the edges was sweet in his own way too, always worrying about Rory in her condition. He wasn’t put off at all by her pregnancy, in fact he found her difficult to resist. Rory is just a bundle of hormones around Carson and can’t keep her mind out of the gutter, which made me laugh a few times. Here is a sample of her thoughts:

That smooth flesh beckoned; her fingers itched to touch, to knead into the deep muscles across those bronze shoulders, to see if she could make him moan in pleasure. The thought shocked her. Where had that come from?

I’m an animal lover, so I was happy that the animals played a big part in this story. I’d love to have a ranch with lots of animals, so Three River sounded like a perfect place to me, especially if it comes with a hot cowboy like Carson! Where’s my saddle?!

A copy of this story was provided by Entangled through Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!

This review and more is posted at The Readers Den.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Three River Ranch.

September 25, 2012 – Shelved as: netgalley-e-book
September 25, 2012 – Shelved
November 3, 2012 – Started Reading
November 3, 2012 –
18.0% "She couldn't help noticing the way his legs moved beneath the worn denim, the breadth of his back, the ease with which he carried even the heaviest boxes.---I love me a sexy cowboy!"
November 3, 2012 –
48.0% "Small mewls of pleasure sounded deep in her throat, and Carson smiled against her lips. She tried to pull away, furious at her body's uninhibited response. "Oh, not so fast." The smile lacing his voice sounded like a purr. "I think the lady likes it.""
November 3, 2012 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

message 1: by Jasprit (new)

Jasprit Aww this sounds like a super cute read Rachel! I really like the sound of Carson and Rory and the whole setting! Wonderful review! :)

message 2: by Mary (new) - added it

Mary Love the way this review started, makes me crave a Tom hanks and meg Ryan kinda movie.
Love the review Rach, sometimes it's nice to go back to the cute fun read

♥Rachel♥ Jasprit wrote: "Aww this sounds like a super cute read Rachel! I really like the sound of Carson and Rory and the whole setting! Wonderful review! :)"

Thank you Jasprit. I was a fun and quick read. :)

♥Rachel♥ Mary wrote: "Love the way this review started, makes me crave a Tom hanks and meg Ryan kinda movie.
Love the review Rach, sometimes it's nice to go back to the cute fun read"

Thank you Mary. :)I loved You've Got Mail! I think that's the best Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks movie.

Elizabeth Ooh this sounds good, definitely adding to my to-read list! Can't resist a check-out!

♥Rachel♥ Elizabeth wrote: "Ooh this sounds good, definitely adding to my to-read list! Can't resist a check-out!"

Thanks Elizabeth. I hope you like it if you pick it up. It's a quick read. :)