Cara's Reviews > The City of Ember

The City of Ember by Jeanne DuPrau
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The City of Ember.

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Just came across these books, can't wait!

message 2: by Cara (last edited May 02, 2012 09:59PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cara I read this book a long while ago. I was probably thirteen or fourteen so I don't remember much, but I remember the feel of the world was really distinct and I loved the chase to figure a way out of the cellar they lived in. Have you watched the movie for it?

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I just found out it was a movie and have "secured" a copy ;), even it's terrible Sci-Fi quality I won't care. I've become a junkie for story-telling.

Cara Ha! I hope you enjoy it. I liked it but I'm told I please fairly easy so you shouldn't go by what I say. I love story telling too, probably more than anything else in a book or movie:) Tell me how you like the film when you get a chance to see it.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Just watched the film, it's like they went out of their way to completely jumble the chapters into a movie. It'd be nice if they made a sequel though.

Cara The movie did seem all over the place. I think because I watched it awhile after I had read it I didn't pick up on that as much. I would like to see a sequel too:) So how are you liking the book itself?

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Really enjoying these, just finished the 2nd one, have the 3rd one ready to go. The first felt sort of childish, which isn't a big deal but the last one really grew I thought maturity wise. I'm really liking them all so far though.

Eleanor Just started reading it! Currently on page 60? Anyway, love it so far!

Cara That's great Eleanor. Hope you end up loving it:)