The UHQ Nasanta's Reviews > Gold Digger

Gold Digger by Aleksandr Voinov
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gold Digger.

September 24, 2012 – Started Reading
September 24, 2012 – Shelved
page 38
21.71% ""...I'm not gay..." - Rofl! Doesn't *that* sound familiar, oh shades of Jean?"
page 38
21.71% "noticing - no chapter links in table of contents. rather inconvenient that. just finished first full on sex scene and - was pretty hot. Nik seems soo nice and normal compared to his family. but then, he did seem that way before. always wondered what turned that sweet little girl into...that. will we ever find out?"
page 86
49.14% "Whoa. Vadim spoke Russian. I thought he hated that language now."
page 89
50.86% "noting: appreciate how what Katya had told Nikolai about gay men had apparently greatly influenced him subconsciously"
page 89
50.86% "PS: I is suspecting Dan is in France. *harumphing*"
page 89
50.86% "Ack. I still have about 25 pages. I'm nervous about what else might happen to get between Nik and Henri."
page 89
50.86% "lol. It does, doesn't it? Glad Vadim picked up new tricks."
page 105
60.0% "aww. Vadim is so cute, giving a bright smile at being called Dad."
page 106
60.57% "Perplexed. There was one more daughter. Why doesn't Nikolai mention the youngest?"
page 114
65.14% "Ruslan sounds like a good guy but... hope that this revelation about Henri didn't put any nasty thoughts into his head, but I'm nervous, especially after Henri's confession that not many people know about his sexual orientation. *biting nails*"
page 114
65.14% "aww. "Henri turned his back on his uncle and all but ran to Nikolai's side." Cute!"
page 114
65.14% "I want to reread SF again. But it's soo long. *dithers*"
September 24, 2012 – Shelved as: series-0-connected-family
September 24, 2012 – Shelved as: mood-realistic
September 24, 2012 – Finished Reading
September 26, 2012 – Shelved as: form-short-story-novella

message 1: by Aleksandr (new) - added it

Aleksandr Voinov The other sister is not mentioned because she is not my character. :) I had to leave out all characters that I don't own.

The UHQ Nasanta I figured it was something like that! It just made the story a bit perplexing, though.

Thanks!

message 3: by Aleksandr (new) - added it

Aleksandr Voinov I figured that you don't really think about relatives you haven't seen in years and that don't give you constant grief (at least I don't). So I expect their relationship to be smooth and distant. At which point mentioning her would have been weird - like making a catalogue of people who appeared in SF. :)

The UHQ Nasanta I guess I'm a bit of a stickler for minutia, which I know is sometimes a trial for people who listen to me talk. So when Nikolai was speaking of his mother and sister, it just bothered me a little that in his "family", he didn't mention the youngest. It felt as if you had, err, forgotten her (:P); whereas, for Dan, you had made up an excuse for why he wasn't present in the story that I could easily accept.

So, was he or was he not in France with a certain someone? O:-)

But thank you for your explanation.

message 5: by Aleksandr (new) - added it

Aleksandr Voinov Yep, I'd considered that but decided to not add any "cast" in readers' minds that I wouldn't be using (and won't be using in any potential sequel :) ).

And, no idea where Dan was. Not my character. :)

The UHQ Nasanta Aleksandr wrote: "Yep, I'd considered that but decided to not add any "cast" in readers' minds that I wouldn't be using (and won't be using in any potential sequel :) ).

And, no idea where Dan was. Not my character..."

Yeah, that makes sense to me. I'm just a bit curious about how she grew up and what her relationship with Dan (and Vadim) is like now.