Ajoque's Reviews > Your Spiritual Makeover: Experience the Beauty of a Balanced Life--Spirit, Soul and Body

Your Spiritual Makeover by Taffi L. Dollar

Jan 06, 2009

bookshelves: self-help, spiritual, books-i-own, 2012-to-read, to-read

This book is filled with sound advice (on becoming a better Christian) within each daily devotional. The only fault is that her scriptures are taken from the King James Version of the Bible.

The most annoying thing about any devotional book to me is having to look up the referenced scriptures in the Bible myself. Thankfully that is not this case with this one as she does include the scriptures on which her devotions are based. But as mentioned before a major drawback is that they are taken from the King James Version of the Bible. This is a difficult translation and I either waste time reading it over and over again to get the gist of it or I have to look it up in a simpler translation of the Bible. She would have faired better and her devotionals would have had more of an impact if she'd backed them up using a simpler translation of the scripture. Her choice to use KJV takes this book out of the beginner level straight into intermediate and thus isolates a lot of potential readers that could have benefited from her brilliant devotionals.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Your Spiritual Makeover.