Jac (For Love and Books)'s Reviews > A Fool's Gold Christmas

A Fool's Gold Christmas by Susan Mallery

Is there a better place in the world to spend Christmas than Fool's Gold?? I think not!

Today I was having a rather blah day and I wanted to curl up with a book that I KNEW would be good. I surfed through my shelf, nothing. I looked at my Kindle. Nothing. I resorted to Netgalley and immediately found what I was looking for! I've said it a thousand times, Susan Mallery is my go-to for a feel good read! (My husband compares my bookshelf with her books to my childhood teddy bear, because when I pull both out? BEWARE! I'm probably in my baggy sweats and curled up with my BFF's Ben and Jerry!) Today was one of those days, and as always? Susan was there!

I dove back into Fool's Gold as if I'd never left, and all my beloved friends were there to welcome me. But, before I go farther? I must admit I was hesitant to read this one when I first saw it on Netgalley MONTHS ago. In Rafe's book? Dante just didn't do it for me. He was stiff, and obnoxious. But, of course? Susan Mallery surprises us! In fact, Dante may be my favorite Fool's Gold hero yet! I adored him for his many levels, and the fact that he and Evie keep things "real" between them. (Well, as real as you can get when you're falling in love, but telling yourself you don't want love!)

Dante and Evie are two beautiful and successful people, who are broken from mistakes in their past. They unite over a dislike for the Christmas holiday and commiserate with their family drama! (And there is one incredibly hilarious scene that involves the three Stryker brothers and nudity!!! Seriously - you'll LOVE it!)

Without gushing too much, I'll just leave it to this... read this one! (Preferably in your pajamas, on your couch, with a big mug of hot cocoa!)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Fool's Gold Christmas.

September 23, 2012 – Started Reading
September 23, 2012 – Shelved
September 23, 2012 –
30.0% "I love Dante and Evie! (This may be my favorite Stryker story!)"
September 23, 2012 –
49.0% "My heart just broke into a million different pieces. Poor Dante!"
September 23, 2012 –
60.0% "Oh my gosh!!! I LOVE the idea of each child in town getting a book for Christmas! (And again? I adore Dante!)"
September 23, 2012 – Finished Reading