Carolina's Reviews > Wild Man

Wild Man by Kristen Ashley

Sep 20, 2012

did not like it
Read in September, 2012

Something weird is going on in this Dream Man Series. If I hadn't read another Kristen Ashley book, I would say that the author knows only one way to start a book- the two main characters have to have an EXISTING relationship. In Mystery Man, it was a woman who was sleeping with a man for a year and half without knowing his name. In Dream Man, the story starts when she's been with the guy for 4 months and then finds out, he's been using her...

And speeding ahead, I looked at the summary for Law Man, and it seems it's the same situation. That said, the situation worked in Mystery Man, and definitely didn't in Wild Man.

And it's that phenomenon, which actually really held me back from liking this book. I ended up skimming through it for a few reasons:

1) Their relationship didn't develop - she loved the guy from Chapter 1, and whatever pain and heartache she had because he used her, I didn't really care about it, because it was just 10 pages into the book... the entire book isn't really about her relationship developing with the guy... it's mostly about things happening TO them, and them dealing with it.

2) Unbelievable resolution within first 15 pages Tess forgives Brock nearly immediately.that seems quite unbelievable...

3) Unbelievable main character Tess is "too" good, plays the victim/damsel and distress a lot, doesn't play games with men at all, bakes cupcakes all day, and tries to matchmake people... and of course it always works out well.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wild Man.

iDreem2 I so agree, having read other series by her I have to say this is my least favorite 1 1/2 book in

Tami Finally someone who saw the same things I did and the bad part is I read books 1 & 2 back to back so I didn't have the luxury of time to dull my reaction. I've been unable/unwilling to read another KA book since then.

iDreem2 Yeah after finding her and binge reading most her books, that I really liked at first, I had to puts breaks in between. There's slang and regional dialogue, but almost all her characters talk the same way. And when you're reading nothing but her books it becomes so annoying. I still like her books and have read most of her stuff, but now I put them in rotation of other series and books. This helps so that it's like, 'ok I want to read a no talking alpha, I'll read a KA book. Like the characters, again they are mostly the same, but it's not bad when you that's not all you've just read.

Tami iDreem2 wrote: "Yeah after finding her and binge reading most her books, that I really liked at first, I had to puts breaks in between. There's slang and regional dialogue, but almost all her characters talk the s..."

Makes sense and I'll give it a try. A friend recently suggested Sweet Dreams and it sounds good but so did Wild Man! And I'm not lying but although I gave it 2.5 stars I hated the characters and all I remember is my disappointment and hatred.

Prob switching from the Dream Man series might help.

iDreem2 If I remember right the rest of the serious was better. I'm actually in the middle of her Unfinished Hero series. But the mountain men series was decent. Just don't read them back to back.

Carolina I do love her books, but I agree they get repetitive. Just started re-reading this series, but I'm skipping this one because I hated It so much. Mystery man and motorcycle man were better.

She has a few bad books (fantasy land series is a bit confusing as hell and her ghost/castle series is repetitive), but overall anything set in Colorado or Midwest is good (burg, rock chick, chaos etc).

Tami Thanks Carolina! Good to know.