Juls's Reviews > Everneath

Everneath by Brodi Ashton

Sep 20, 2012

bookshelves: group-read, paranormal, ya, favorites

Everneath had me on the edge of my seat from the first word to the last. All the sensations from numbness to when Nikki comes home to the desperation of the final hours before her departure, I felt them all.

After a fight with her father Nikki runs off not to be seen or heard from for 6 months. Theres lots of speculations of her whereabouts. She returns looking years older and to the untrained eye she may be under the influence of drugs.
Nikki has been away in a between place called the everneath, a place between heaven and hell. She went willingly with a everliving being, Cole. He was her haven after all her insecurities come to light. Seeing Jack’s ex come out of his room while he was away at camp was the last straw.

Nikki’s mom was hit by a drunk driver and was killed on impact. After the man who hit her was cleared of all charges her only thought was to seek comfort from her boyfriend Jack. When she see his betrayal she runs off to Cole to make the hurt go away. Like the last time they she was with him, he made the hurt go away. But that’s not all that he takes from her. Slowly as he feeds off her bad emotions the good follows. And before long she is just a shell of a girl.

Nikki may not remember but a face of a boy still lingers in her mind and she fights to go back to her world, her life before she made the mistake of going with Cole.
Nikki returns home to regain her strength and after 6 months she will be taken back. She wants these last few months to say her goodbyes to her family and friends.

Jack hadn’t stop searching for Nikki. He worked tirelessly to find her but with no success. The one day she shows up and nothing. Its like she doesn’t even know him.
Jack is resourceful and knowing she is working after school with teacher he soon joins her there to reignite the love they once had for each other. Soon she remembers everything. The boy she had been friends with from the time she was little to the man she knows and loves. Their bond was so strong and every day it grow stronger.

This book had a love triangle feel to it but the more I read the more I could tell that there is LOVE and then there’s desperation of something that can only perceived as love. Cole may have thought he found the one thing that could over through the queen he served but the love that Nikki and Jack shared was too strong. And in the end there was an ultimate sacrifice. I hope there is hope and things can be made right. Book 2 better have a HEA!

I am recommending this book to everyone!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Everneath.

September 20, 2012 – Started Reading
September 20, 2012 – Shelved
September 20, 2012 – Shelved as: group-read
September 20, 2012 –
15.0% "OMG! Jack is such a sweetheart!!!!"
September 21, 2012 – Finished Reading
September 27, 2012 – Shelved as: paranormal
September 27, 2012 – Shelved as: ya
October 17, 2012 – Shelved as: favorites

Christie I told you, you would love it...LOL.

Juls Christie wrote: "I told you, you would love it...LOL."

it was fanfrackintastic!!! i cant wait to see what happens next :)