Patricia's Reviews > Angel's Tip

Angel's Tip by Alafair Burke

Spring break in New York for three girls from Indiana couldn’t start out more exciting nor end more tragically. Chelsea Hart, Stephanie Hyder and Jordan McLaughlin are best friends and plan to spend their last night in New York checking out all the clubs. Two girls survive the night but for one it will be her last night.

Ellie Hatcher is a Manhattan South Homicide detective. Ellie is single and currently lives with her brother Jess. While out for a morning run the two discover the body of a young girl. Ellie is horrified by the discovery and determined to bring the murderer to justice.

An arrest is made and there is certainly evidence available to indicate that the person arrested has committed the murder. Ellie is not so sure. She has uncovered some case files from an investigation her former partner had been reviewing. Her partner is now deceased but the cold case files show that the victim might not be the first victim of this vicious killer.

Angel’s Tip is so full of suspense you won’t want to stop reading. I had the killer all figured out from the middle of the book and just couldn’t understand why it wasn’t obvious to Ellie and the other police officers. Of course, I was wrong. I intend to get the first Ellie Hatcher book, Dead Connection, and plan to keep up with this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angel's Tip.

Started Reading
December 21, 2008 – Finished Reading
January 4, 2009 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Betty (new)

Betty Thanks for the great description, this sounds like a book I will want to read.

Patricia Betty wrote: "Thanks for the great description, this sounds like a book I will want to read."

I had a hard time putting it down to get the necessary things done.