Celia's Reviews > All Together Dead

All Together Dead by Charlaine Harris

liked it
bookshelves: audio-book, urban-fantasy

Sookie goes to... well, I forget where, some fancy hotel in another state, to attend the vampire conference, which is all described in painstaking detail as per usual. Honestly, I don't know why I find these books so addictive when so much of the story is filled with pointless description, and yet they're relatively short.

A lot of the imagery in this story is obviously drawn from the Twin Towers bombings, and is surprisingly effective, I think. Sookie, as usual, gets drawn into moral dilemmas which she kind of shrugs off at the time, but you know she'll be worrying over them in later books.

I think this is actually on of the strongest books in the series for a while - the story moves forward at a good pace, and doesn't have too many little plots going at once which is a plus.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All Together Dead.

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

message 1: by K (new) - rated it 3 stars

K They are completely addictive, but not all that good! I really want to see how it pans out with Eric. I think the show is actually much better - I really looked forward to it each week!

Celia I know, I think the show really improved the books - it made the story darker and more intense, and I think Sookie was more likeable without hearing her inane internal commentary! I need to keep reading the books because I'm hooked, but I can't wait for season 2 of the show.

message 3: by K (new) - rated it 3 stars

K Yes me too!

Actually, I have just started another of her series - the first is called 'Grave Sight', about a girl who can sense the dead. I actually prefer the central character of this series and I daresay you would probably really enjoy it!