Nora Dillonovich's Reviews > The Thin Man

The Thin Man by Dashiell Hammett

Jan 03, 2009

liked it
bookshelves: mysterioso

I have been on a bit of a noir/ crime kick lately... Perhaps it's a longing to be a femme fatale, or maybe I just covet their clothes and the furniture? Maybe both. Anyhow, this is where my kick led me, to Hammett, bien sur, and soon, Chandler. The dialogue is fantastic, the pace is perfect, and the MOVIE! Such fun, I was practically foaming for a martini while watching it, much like my experience with Mad Men episodes and my strong urge for the drink. I only wish themes from The Thin Man were in my dreams of late. Rather, I have been plagued by Bob from Twin Peaks, waking me up, blasting through otherwise placid dreamscapes, and even spooking me out in the mornings as I creep around in the darkness of 6:30 a.m. Damn Bob. Give me Nick, Nora and Asta... at least let me return to the Bonnie and Clyde-themed dreams of last week... I'm open for negotiation my dear subconscious.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Thin Man.

January 3, 2009 – Shelved
January 11, 2009 –
page 160
January 11, 2009 – Finished Reading
March 27, 2009 – Shelved as: mysterioso

Chaz I think you'll dig it. Please jot down the line to about the film if you have time. May Hammett be with you.

Chaz thanks for your review. I'll have to add The Thin Man to my Netflix queue. what are the "mad men" episodes?

Nora Dillonovich Chaz! Mad Men is a fantastic tv show. So so great. I think Netflix likely has season one. There are 4 or 5 Thin Man movies.