Michelle Leah Olson's Reviews > Blood of The Sorceress

Sep 19, 2012

bookshelves: literal-addiction-books, reviewed

Our Review, by LITERAL ADDICTION's Pack Alpha - Michelle L. Olson:
*eARC received from NetGalley

Immediately upon finishing this book my exact words were: "Whoa! I've read a lot of good books in my time. A LOT. Heck, I've read a ton of amazing Maggie Shayne books! But The Portal series has literally blown me away, and this installment..... I'm speechless right now. It literally took my breath away, made my heart pound so hard it almost hurt, and gave me goosebumps besides. Absolutely incredible!!"

THE PORTAL series is truly epic. Full of magick, romance, intrigue, action and heart. It pulls you along and doesn't let go and makes you yearn for the next installment immediately upon finishing the one at hand. Blood of the Sorceress, being the final book of the series was perfectly set, wrapped everything up beautifully, and even opened the way for a spin-off series should Maggie ever decide she might like to do one. *fingers crossed*

I hate that I can't go on and on about the book as a whole, but I just can't without spoilers. I can tell you that there is a romance that has endured eons, a family that loves each other unconditionally despite their troubles, a villain that is absolutely despicable, action and intrigue that, while somewhat expected, were perfectly set into the storyline, supporting characters that you love and need, and prose that makes you wish you didn't ever have to put the book down.

I would recommend Blood of the Sorceress and the entire PORTAL series starting with the eNovella prequel, Legacy of the Witch, to EVERYONE and hope that others will get just as carried away on this spellbinding journey has I have. These books are already getting a bit worn and I can foresee them becoming quite ratty as the years wear on, whether that be realistically or metaphorically with the eBook versions, simply because they deserve a re-read (or 2 or 3...) and more than deserve to be shared!

LITERAL ADDICTION gives Blood of the Sorceress a very well deserved 5 Skulls. I'm sad to see the series end, but I am honored to have been a part of the journey!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood of The Sorceress.

Alisi ☆ wants to read too many books ☆ Can they be read in any order or should I start with the first one? I want to read this book ^^, but maybe not the other two yet.

message 2: by Michelle Leah (last edited Feb 17, 2013 07:29AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Michelle Leah Olson I would highly suggest reading them in order. This isn't a series that you can love as deeply without the history and back story of all of the books, & I think you might be a little bit lost in places, They're not meant to be standalone; it's a trilogy with an evolving arc.