Jac (For Love and Books)'s Reviews > The Year of Learning Dangerously: Adventures in Homeschooling

The Year of Learning Dangerously by Quinn Cummings

Sep 18, 2012

Read from September 18 to 19, 2012

Once in awhile I get on a kick where all I want to read is non-fiction. Maybe I get started with a subject and I want to learn all I can (that was the case here, Homeschooling) or maybe I just am curious about the authors story. Maybe it was on an end cap at the library or bookstore. Maybe my Dad recommended it. But once I start, I have a hard time stopping with the non-fiction. And that is definitely the case with Quinn Cummings, The Year of Living Dangerously.

We're doing "homeschool preschool" at home; and depending on our living situation, we've been tossing around the idea of homeschool so I started reading everything I could get my hands on. HOWEVER -- this book? Well, it wasn't so much about the act of homeschooling as a hilarious look at a mom's attempt to deal with the stress of having her school-age child around CONSTANTLY, and much of it is her personal attempt to find a mom-group she fits in with.

In doing so, I learned a bit about the different homeschool options out there, but really? I just had a good laugh! So if homeschooling has ever crossed your mind? I would definitely recommend The Year of Learning Dangerously!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Year of Learning Dangerously.

09/18/2012 page 60
25.0% "This is going to be a great (quick) read."
09/18/2012 page 115
47.0% "A funny look at homeschooling! (I needed a change from my usual, and this has definitely filled that void!)"