Dolores Ayotte's Reviews > Special Delivery

Special Delivery by Traci Hohenstein

liked it

Special Delivery" is the second novel I've read by Author Traci Hohenstein. I realize that I actually read them out of order but the main players are the same so it was no big deal. However, the second book "Split Decision" in this Hollywood Hills Series is, in my opinion, a much better read.

Although, I did enjoy the characters in this novel, the main one is Dr. Hope Love, OB/GYN, single and in her mid-thirties. Her fascination with name brand clothes, shoes, and purses manage to give her a somewhat shallow personality, especially for a doctor. Her character portrays someone who needs to do a lot of growing up. She seems to be very taken up with the glitter of Hollywood but then...perhaps that is really the point of this romantic comedy.

There is a touch of romance that unfolds toward the end of the novel which adds to plot but, overall, it is very light reading with a predictable ending. There is more meat on the bone in "Split Decision". Had I read them in order, I may not have gotten to the second book and I'm grateful I did. Author Traci Hohenstein definitely has a way with words!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Special Delivery.

Finished Reading