DarkHeart "Vehngeance"'s Reviews > At Grave's End

At Grave's End by Jeaniene Frost

Jan 03, 2009

bookshelves: 2009, 2009-best-releases, a-jeaniene_frost, urban-fantasy, vampires

** spoiler alert ** I loved this book! It was a faced paced ride from the start, but along the journey we get to see all of the characters grow and change. Cat is still one of the best heroines out there - tough, witty, no-nonsense but with believable flaws. Bones - well, what's not to love? I must admit that I loved Tate in the last book, but he went so far over the line in this one, I really did want Bones to beat him senseless. Tate becoming a vampire was an interesting twist (along with Juan, whose appearances in the book were disappointingly brief, as he can always be counted on for comic relief). Dave is coming into his own with his new life as a ghoul. And who new Justina could be redeemed? She actually became likable in this one. I definitely prefer catty Annette, but at least she came to accept Cat's place in Bone's life. It was great to see Ian and Spade again as well. Vlad was the best new addition, bringing interest and humor.

All of the action meant that the quieter moments between the characters had to take a back seat. While this means it lacked the steaminess of One Foot in the Grave's infamous chapter 32, we were rewarded with added depth to Cat and Bone's relationship as seen through the eyes of others. The book was a great mix of action, emotion and humor.

I can't wait for the next book to see where the story's going to go now that Cat has decided to quit her job, Tate and Juan are part of Bones' line, Bones' increased power and hopefully they'll finally have that wedding. And I want to know what the note in the box said!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read At Grave's End.