Cait's Reviews > Things I Can't Forget

Things I Can't Forget by Miranda Kenneally

Sep 18, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: release2013, ebook, contemporary-fiction, read-in2013, ya

I didn't like this as much as the previous two books, it just didn't resonate with me as much, but it was still a sweet little story.

In my progress updates I mentioned that I wasn't sure how the religion aspect of the story was going to turn out & it actually was really well done. It did turn into a "I'm 18 and an adult now so I need to figure out what God and church and religion mean to be and there are these things that sway my faith but I am dealing with that" story thankfully, I was really worried at the start of the book that it was going to be awful and judgey.

Other things: I wish more had come from her antagonism with Andrea and Megan - it sort of just fizzled & there was no explanation of it. I liked Parker way more in this book that I did in her own book, weirdly.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Things I Can't Forget.

September 18, 2012 – Shelved
October 8, 2012 – Shelved as: release2013
March 18, 2013 – Started Reading
March 18, 2013 – Shelved as: ebook
March 18, 2013 – Shelved as: contemporary-fiction
March 18, 2013 – Shelved as: read-in2013
March 18, 2013 – Shelved as: ya
March 18, 2013 –
3.0% "Okay, I know this is just a weird thing of mine, but (and I know I've mentioned it before) but I'm really not a fan of books that are really overt in their religion? This seems like it could go either way at the moment: genuine commentary on religion as a young person or awful slut shamey mess. Obviously I'm hoping for the first one."
March 18, 2013 –
8.0% "I'm REALLY hoping this turns into a "dealing with new and conflicting feelings about religion and finding what religion means to me" books, because at the moment there are some pretty gross comments."
March 20, 2013 – Finished Reading