Terri Tinkel's Reviews > License to Pawn: Deals, Steals, and My Life at the Gold & Silver

License to Pawn by Rick Harrison

F 50x66
Sep 17, 2012

bookshelves: family
Read from September 17 to 18, 2012

What a pleasant surprise. I've watched PAWN STARS reality show from time to time..enough to know the main participants in this pawn shop. I've even visited the actual WORLD FAMOUS GOLD AND SILVER PAWN SHOP in Las Vegas.
This book tells the back stories about the Old Man, Rick Harrison, Corey ~ his son and Chumlee. Their story isn't an easy one. They all had struggles and made decisions over the years that brought them to where they are now. They all love their jobs and enjoy going to work every day. The only drawback of all their success and in particular, the television show, is that they can't work on the floor as often because people just want to take photos and talk. So what did they do to cash in on all the success?...they sell t-shirts with their images, keychains, mugs and other small items. The book has chapters narrated by each person. And there are stories....stories about the people who come to the shop to pawn or sell their possessions. This is a very fast-paced book and it will keep your interest.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read License to Pawn.

Lizzie Sparrow LUCKY!! You got to visit it! I used to hang out in Vegas a lot, but way before this show was on. I'd love to meet these guys--I'm addicted to the show & love the book! Very cool, interesting guys. :)