John Wills's Reviews > Just a Season

Just a Season by John T. Wills

Jan 02, 2009

(Review from the author)
Read 3 times. Last read March 3, 2012 to December 16, 2012.

Just a Season is a luminous story into the life of a man who, in the midst of pain and loss, journeys back in time to reexamine all the important people, circumstances, and intellectual fervor that contributed to the richness of his life. “Just a Season” is not a story that you will read rather it is one that you will live. This is not His-Story, it is our story that reflects the audacity of hope and will most assuredly touch every emotion as you travel through time reliving a life through the eyes of the character.

This fictional narrative begins with a grief-stricken father visiting the grave site of his beloved son who was killed in a tragic accident; a moment that he and no other loving parent should ever have to face. As he sadly gazes at his son's headstone and reads what is inscribed there, the dates 1981 - 2001 bring about an illuminating discovery.

The tiny dash that separates the years of one's birth and death represents the whole of a person's life. So if this tiny dash were to tell his life's story, what would it say? In Just a Season, the dash of this man's life is revealed and what emerges from the pages of this book is a legacy of true benevolence and grace.

One of my reviewer's wrote:

"Not since The Color Purple have I read a book that evoked such emotions. John T. Wills possesses the ability to transport the reader directly into the life and struggles of his main characters story. I was educated in a way that did not afford me the benefit of truly understanding the significance of the historical events taught from a stand alone perspective. This book actually touched my heart and inspired me to increase the equity in my "dash"! Excellent -- Tonja Covington

THE SEQUEL IS COMING!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just a Season.