Jane's Reviews > Savor The Moment

Savor The Moment by Nora Roberts

Sep 17, 2012

liked it

This is the third book in the Bride Quartet series by Nora Roberts. I have had issues with the previous two books in the series, for various reasons, but they are largely missing her and I found that I enjoyed this instalment.

To begin with, I find Laurel much more enjoyable as a central character than Mac or Emma. This is probably because I relate to her a little bit more. Sure, she's irritable and moody at times, but she's also quietly independent. I also enjoyed the relationship between Laurel and Parker, two best friends within the quartet of friends.

The romance of the novel was predictable. Even without reading a preview of this novel in the last book, it was fairly obvious that Delaney Brown, brother of Parker, was destined for Laurel. Their story wasn't all that different to Emma and Jack's from Bed of Roses. Where Jack had commitment issues that threatened to keep that couple apart, Laurel and Del's problem was money. Having said that, it didn't really present a huge problem, and it was only a spiteful comment from Mac's mother that really got Laurel to wondering if she could ever be happy with Del, due to his status as 'old money'.

(view spoiler)

Again, I find myself eager to read the next, and final, book in the series, having read the preview at the end of this book. Unless Roberts decides to take a serious change in direction, Parker's beau is going to be Malcolm Kavanaugh, another friend of her brother. It will be a nice change of pace from the last couple of books, to see our heroine looking for love with a man she doesn't know, rather than an old friend.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Savor The Moment.