Karla's Reviews > Creed

Creed by Kristen Ashley

An exhausting, utterly satisfying read…I LOVED it!!

To appreciate this book and the full impact of Creed and Sylvie’s story, I strongly suggest you read every word, every sentence, every page, every chapter, beginning to end, before you come to a conclusion on this book. If you don’t like it after that, then so be it. However, I believe you will find the story captivating, charming, heartbreaking, confusing and at times even frustrating. It’s an emotional roller-coaster, but the payoff is a truly unique and genuine love story. Annoyance towards the characters will arise, you will have questions, and they will be answered…every single one of them! When all is said and done, you will see Sylvie and Creed in a different light. Their love for each other is rooted in deep in their hearts, and this is the story of how that came to be, why it was lost and how it was found once again.

Creed was an honorable boy, teen, and man! He never wavered in his commitment to Sylvie and he did not leave her, he was forced to make a decision in a no-win situation, he was baited with an incentive, and I use that word loosely, when brutalizing him…did not work! Sylvie, oh poor Sylvie, she thinks she knows, but she doesn’t, the pain of losing him sets in, and then her own personal hell begins. Creed kept his promise, and when others didn’t, Sylvie ultimately paid the cost…they both lost so much, the worst of it being each other.

No, the book is not perfect and in places it’s lacking, namely some of the sex scenes. They are frequent and felt incomplete at times. Then there are other moments that are raw and passionate, so much so, it’s as if Sylvie and Creed need to crawl inside each other so they will never be separated again! I would not classify Creed as an anti-hero, however I would say he’s an unfinished-hero, his story’s not done. He needs to be the knight in shining armor to the girl who stole his heart so many years ago. Creed needs to knock down the walls that his Sylvie has built around her, be her man, absorb her pain and bring the soft back into her life!

It’s an exhausting book, and one that requires the reader to put the pieces of the puzzle that is Tucker Creed together. Keep this in mind, the answers are there and they are plausible and will have you, if not loving this man, at least respecting him. He sacrificed so much for the woman he loves, they both lost so much. At the outset Sylvie is harsh, she has every right to be. She swears like a sailor; yes, she drops the f-bomb, a lot, but mostly in her head. Once she understands what Creed went through, were his mind and heart have been for sixteen years, she accepts him back into her life. At that point they don’t let go, nor do they question that a renewed relationship is inevitable…they go with it, because they are meant to be together!

Kristen Ashley did an amazing job of keeping the reader on edge. The past and present development worked well. It might anger some readers, as the truth behind Creed’s disappearance is told to Sylvie early on, but it’s only revealed in bits and pieces to the reader throughout the book. So, I can understand how some readers might be frustrated with Creed, not knowing what drove and kept him away. Again, I reiterate the answers are there! They might not always be clear and upfront, but it will all make sense in the end.

In true Kristen Ashley style she give us a story that toys with our feelings, has us loving people we might otherwise hate, and like we’ve come to expect, takes us on an emotional journey like no other. Then she treats us to her trademark epilogue, and all is right once again in our KA world!

I had a hard time finding a picture of Creed as he would be today, but this is how I would have seen him as a young man.

Sky blue eyes, messy brown hair, rugged face…my 23 year old Tucker Creed
Photobucket

Thanks to my sweet friend Kristen for reading this with me. It was a great ride!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Creed.

Quotes Karla Liked

Kristen Ashley
“Born to love you, baby,” he repeated. “Die lovin’ you, my Sylvie.”

Kristen Ashley
“It’s always you and me.” I nodded again and felt my lips quivering. He kept whispering, “Always me and my Sylvie, yeah?” “Yeah,” I whispered.”

Kristen Ashley
“Honest to Christ, give you anything. Anything, baby. But lost enough time. Can’t give you that. Space , maybe. Time. No.”

Kristen Ashley
“Then and now, beautiful, I’ll take you any way you come to me … Any way. I love this Sylvie, I loved that Sylvie. I just love you, baby.”

September 16, 2012 – Started Reading
September 17, 2012 – Shelved
September 17, 2012 –
79.0% "I love this book, these characters, the story, this is the Kristen Ashley I love. Raw, gritty and REAL!!"
September 17, 2012 –
80.0% "You should have listened to Creed Sylvie!!! To hell with that poor excuse of a father!"
September 17, 2012 –
92.0% "Holy Crap!! No, no, no!!"
September 17, 2012 –
93.0% "OMG...I love you Hawk Delgado!"
September 17, 2012 –
98.0% "Game over Creed...damn straight, you tell him!"
September 17, 2012 – Shelved as: buddy-read
September 22, 2012 – Shelved as: thought-provoking
September 22, 2012 – Shelved as: tortured-souls
September 22, 2012 – Shelved as: yummy-men
September 22, 2012 – Shelved as: wonderful-secondary-characters

Comments Showing 1-50 of 50 (50 new)

Elizabeth (Liz) I think it's bizarre the reactions to this story are so extremely polarized. BUT, I'm glad you're enjoying it:)

Karla Elizabeth wrote: "I think it's bizarre the reactions to this story are so extremely polarized. BUT, I'm glad you're enjoying it:)"

LOL! Thank you. I said that to someone else Elizabeth. It's amazing the range of emotions that KA brings out in her readers, and it's interesting to watch!

Kristen I look forward to your review, Karla. I ened up loving this book too. I feel in many ways it's one of KA's best. The range of emotions she had me experiencing was staggering. Thank you for reading this book with me. I loved chatting with you about all the emotions this book brought out in us.

Karla Kristen wrote: "I look forward to your review, Karla. I ened up loving this book too. I feel in many ways it's one of KA's best. The range of emotions she had me experiencing was staggering. Thank you for reading ..."

Anytime, anytime! I agree, KA did a great job with this one.

❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️ Looking forward to your review Karla ;)

Karla Dorsey wrote: "Looking forward to your review Karla ;)"

I'm gathering my thoughts together now.

Blacky *Romance Addict* Glad you loved it Karla :)

Karla Blacky wrote: "Glad you loved it Karla :)"

Thanks Blacky! I like your new profile pic...very hot!

Blacky *Romance Addict* Yeah! He's awesome :)

message 10: by Ann (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ann Karla - so glad you liked Creed, me too. KA's Unfinished Hero series gets so much controversy/discussion over on the Amazon threads.

Hey Blacky - Agree with Karla...like your new pic too!!!

Mariann {at} Belle's Book Bag Great review!! I am so glad you loved this one!!! Love Creed and Sylvie!!!

Shawna Great review, Karla! I loved it, too!

message 13: by Jill (new)

Jill Wonderful review, Karla! It sounds like quite the ride!

Kristen Fantastic review, Karla! Oh my gosh, I love the picture. Love it! Simply perfect.

❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️ FABULOUS review Karla!!! Love your Creed...makes me want to reread ;)

Karla Shawna wrote: "Great review, Karla! I loved it, too!"

Thanks Shawna! It was a special book. Good to see you back!

Karla Jill wrote: "Wonderful review, Karla! It sounds like quite the ride!"

Thanks Jill, it's a real head-spinner!

Karla Kristen wrote: "Fantastic review, Karla! Oh my gosh, I love the picture. Love it! Simply perfect."

Thank you Dorsey! I'm definitely going to do a re-read, this one really grabbed my heart. I had a hard time finding a pic, but I thought that was pretty close to what he would like as young man.

Vallsykes Your review was grand! Awesome points made about Creed's heroism. Very good pic of a 23yr old Creed!

❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️ Karla wrote: "Kristen wrote: "Fantastic review, Karla! Oh my gosh, I love the picture. Love it! Simply perfect."

I think your spot on as always Karla ;)

message 21: by Kelly (new) - added it

Kelly Wonderful review, Karla! Now that I'm officially a KA fan I'll be reading this and all her other books. Geez, that woman has written a lot of books! I mean tons!!!

Karla Dorsey wrote: "Karla wrote: "Kristen wrote: "Fantastic review, Karla! Oh my gosh, I love the picture. Love it! Simply perfect."

Thanks Dorsey!

Karla Kelly wrote: "Wonderful review, Karla! Now that I'm officially a KA fan I'll be reading this and all her other books. Geez, that woman has written a lot of books! I mean tons!!!"

Thank you Kelly! KA has so much to offer, she's knows how to take the reader on an emotional ride.

message 24: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Awesome review Karla!!

Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞ Wow Karla...fantastic review. i love how u talked about Creed becoming the man that Sylvie needs!

Karla Lisa wrote: "Awesome review Karla!!"

Thank you Lisa!

Karla ♠ Sharon is an emotional book junkie ♠ wrote: "Wow Karla...fantastic review. i love how u talked about Creed becoming the man that Sylvie needs!"

Thanks Sharon, he was one of KA's best heroes!

KatLynne Fantastic review Karla! You've put into words so many of my feelings and I love this review! I devoured this book and loved Creed and Sylvie. And Knight twisted my heart in this one too:)

Michele Realitybitesblog awesome review!

Karla KatLynne wrote: "Fantastic review Karla! You've put into words so many of my feelings and I love this review! I devoured this book and loved Creed and Sylvie. And Knight twisted my heart in this one too:)"

Thanks my dear friend! KA wrote them a beautiful story. Thumbs up to Knight for being the man should could lean on until her true love found her again.

Karla Ms. Reality Bookworm wrote: "awesome review!"

Thank You Ms. RB!

Glamdring Great review!

Karla Steffi wrote: "Fab review, Karla. It's one of the best I've read of this book and I'm definitely going to read it now. Your feelings for Creed shine through in every single word of your beautiful review. I can't ..."

Thanks Steffi! I believe that this is one of KA's best!

Karla Glamdring wrote: "Great review!"

Thank you Glamdring!

message 35: by Ann (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ann Loved your glowing review! Totally agree. Nice pic too ;-).

message 36: by Quynh (new) - added it

Quynh What an awesome review Karla. I think you captured the emotions that a reader should/will feel nicely. I'll probably come back to this series after I change up the authors a little. Need to prepare myself if I'm gonna start on this book. Still finishing up Dream Man series!

Karla Ann wrote: "Loved your glowing review! Totally agree. Nice pic too ;-)."

Thanks Ann! Love my Creed!

Karla Quynh wrote: "What an awesome review Karla. I think you captured the emotions that a reader should/will feel nicely. I'll probably come back to this series after I change up the authors a little. Need to prepa..."

Thanks Quynh! I like the way you think. I try to never stay to long in any sub-genre of romance for too long. I think change is good and it gives you a better perspective on what your reading.

message 39: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Great review Karla! Loving that pic!

Karla Wendy wrote: "Great review Karla! Loving that pic!"

Thanks Wendy, I think you'll love this one too. Hard to find a pic of an older Creed, but something tells me that once you read the book, you'll find one for us!!

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish An exhausting, utterly satisfying read…I LOVED it!!

That really does sum it all up! Great review, Karla!

message 42: by Karla (last edited Oct 18, 2012 06:24PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Karla UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "An exhausting, utterly satisfying read…I LOVED it!!

That really does sum it all up! Great review, Karla!"

Thanks Dhes!! KA does it again!

Karla Victoria wrote: "Great review! I've read Knight and Raid but skipped over Creed. I guess I was nervous it would be too much....too much emotional disturbing childhood trauma, too much intensity (and not the good k..."

Thanks Victoria! It is intense, but the way KA writes it, she mixes up the good with the bad, it goes from past to present, which worked very well. Stay with it to find out why the character did what they did. Enjoy!

Sher❤ The Fabulous BookLover Great review Karla! Well said:)

Karla Share❤ wrote: "Great review Karla! Well said:)"

Thank you Share!

message 46: by ❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️ (last edited Apr 21, 2015 08:58PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️ After listening to the audio book your review is so powerful and heartfelt. Simply fantastic Karla!!

Karla Dorsey aka ❤️ Wrath Lover ❤️ & KA Addict wrote: "After listening to the audio book your review is so powerful and heartfelt. Simply fantastic Karla!!"

Thanks Dorsey...I can't wait to listen to the audiobook, the sample is fantastic! xo

❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️ Karla wrote: "Dorsey aka ❤️ Wrath Lover ❤️ & KA Addict wrote: "After listening to the audio book your review is so powerful and heartfelt. Simply fantastic Karla!!"

Thanks Dorsey...I can't wait to listen to the..."

Your going to love it!!! xoxo

Kristin (KC) - Traveling Sister Such a great review!

Karla Kristin (KC) wrote: "Such a great review!"

Thank you Kristin! :)