Oksana *Bookaholic*'s Reviews > Just for Fins

Just for Fins by Tera Lynn Childs

it was ok
bookshelves: best-cover, lame, mermaid-siren-etc, princess, slap-the-mc

This series started off with a Big Bang. Seriously. I loved Quinn, and I loved the whole idea of "princess of Thalassinia". Unfortunately, as the series progressed, the things I seemed to like/care about most disappeared.

First of all, things got mega-lame. One thing I absolutely positively cannot abide is lame names. Well, let me give you an excerpt from this book:
"What?" I ask, my voice softer. "Just tell me, Calliope."
"It seems the ancient law requires your human to..." She shakes her head. "He must pass the Trial of Truth."
Doe gasps.
I suck in a tight breath.

The Trial of Truth? Are you fubbugintidgfd kidding me?!?!?!?! *facepalm*

Also, the author used really bad "speaking" words. All these tiny quirks throughout the book kind of got on my nerves.

The only thing that made this book a two star instead of a negative 4 was because of Quince. Quince was still the same lovable and sexy guy he was in the first book. Congrats to the author for managing that.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just for Fins.

September 16, 2012 – Shelved
December 31, 2012 – Started Reading
December 31, 2012 –
page 47
19.11% "This series is starting to loose its charm."
January 1, 2013 – Shelved as: best-cover
January 1, 2013 – Shelved as: lame
January 1, 2013 – Shelved as: mermaid-siren-etc
January 1, 2013 – Shelved as: princess
January 1, 2013 – Shelved as: slap-the-mc
January 1, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)

message 1: by Zoobaaruba (new) - added it

Zoobaaruba His name is Quince...Also, see definition 5: concede as valid. It's a perfectly acceptable sentence.

Oksana  *Bookaholic* Thanks... But he wasn't conceding. It was a question, and for me, I just thought it didn't make sense. If you think opposite, great.

Elevetha Love the review! One thing though; technically, "admit" does work here.

Oksana  *Bookaholic* Okay, I got ganged up on LOL.

Elevetha Sorry!

Oksana  *Bookaholic* Nah if its 2 against 1, those two are prob right.

Elevetha No, I'm sorry for ganging, not for being right:)

Not always...society, for example.

Oksana  *Bookaholic* Politics, bullies....

message 9: by Zoobaaruba (new) - added it

Zoobaaruba Sorry if you felt ganged up on, didn't mean to make you feel that way ;P just pointing a few things out.

Elizabeth My feelings were the same