Paul Hankins's Reviews > The Jolly Postman, or Other People's Letters

The Jolly Postman, or Other People's Letters by Janet Ahlberg

Sep 15, 2012

Read in September, 2012

A Room 407 Reader was talking about her favorite book the other day. Her friend helped her to find the title with some limited description on the reader's part. They identified the book as The Jolly Postman. Imagine this reader's surprise when I bring this into the room next week. I found it, in perfect condition in the warehouse bins.

Super example of an early multi-modal title with pull-out letters. Lots of creativity in this one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Jolly Postman, or Other People's Letters.

message 1: by Carol (new)

Carol Royce Owen Paul, While attending an IRA Leadership conference in Texas a few summers ago we were asked to bring a favorite book to swap with someone else as an ice breaker. This was the book that I was given by a teacher in Canada.

Paul  Hankins Ha! That's great. I love the favorite book exchange. It's a conversation opener that book readers and book lovers long for. . .and openly invite. Out of curiosity, what did you take with you?

message 3: by Carol (new)

Carol Royce Owen Hi Paul, I'm pretty sure the book I brought was From Dawn to Dusk by Vermont author, Natalie Kinsey Warnock. I wanted to bring something that reflected life in Vermont, so thought it was the perfect choice. Plus, I've met Natalie and think she's a wonderful story teller.