Laudys's Reviews > Cold Light

Sep 15, 2012

it was ok
bookshelves: giveaways
Read from November 13 to 25, 2012 — I own a copy

Disclaimer: I won this book at a giveaway

After struggling with this book for almost two weeks without getting any further than chapter 7, I knew I was gravitating to never finishing it. I'd start reading just to grow bored after four or five pages and put it back down just to talk myself into picking it up again. Last night, when I realized I wasn't going anywhere like that, I decided to give it one last chance. I picked it up again and before I noticed it, I was jumping a few paragraphs here and there waiting for things to, I don't know, finally hook me. Then I started skipping pages and when I got around to the half, I knew the book was done for. I wasn't going to really finish it.

So I went right to the last few chapters so at least I'd know how it ended. I was actually surprised to the plot twist and deeply wished the book hadn't been so goddamn boring with so many stupid details and going absolutely nowhere for pages and pages so I could have enjoyed it. Not even the characters saved it, they were so infuriating. Ugh. It was a chore from start to finish.

But if you're into long, uber slow books where the underdog does *nothing* to stop being the underdog, you might enjoy it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cold Light.