emma's Reviews > Instant Karma

Instant Karma by Marissa Meyer

I am so pleasantly surprised by this book, which is thoroughly a 3 star read that I will probably never think about ever again in my life.

I guess I expected to hate it?

Huh.

In truth, YA contemporaries and summertime just go together. When it is warm outside, I want to be reading a contemporary, and it being good or fun is almost beside the point.

Case in point: his main character is truly intolerable, and the guy she is dating does not seem to like her at all, but who cares? Whatever! They're teens and they're living life and that's what summer is all about, when it comes to me reading.

And for another example, is there simultaneously too much going on here and not enough? Yeah, there is. But again, who can be bothered.

I got what I came for, kind of, almost. No more and no less.

Can't complain too much about that.

Bottom line: Contemporary season!!!

-----------------
currently-reading updates

reading an ARC 2 years late for character development

(thanks to netgalley for it)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Instant Karma.

July 28, 2021 – Shelved
April 5, 2022 – Started Reading
April 5, 2022 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

message 1: by Dumbass (new)

Dumbass Who Likes Books if you give it a bad review that will be my villain origin story

message 2: by Lem◍nade (new)

Lem◍nade Midnight Pretty sure character development means you're supposed to change lol

emma Lem◍nade wrote: "Pretty sure character development means you're supposed to change lol"

hahahaha

emma Dumbass wrote: "if you give it a bad review that will be my villain origin story"

what about a meh one

Elsie the Twizzler I feel exactly the same way. So meh lol

emma Elsie wrote: "I feel exactly the same way. So meh lol"

sooooo meh