Antof9's Reviews > One True Thing

Dec 31, 2008

liked it
bookshelves: 2006-read, americana, made-me-cry, upsetting, fathers
Read in May, 2006

Lame book review from BookCrossing, part the first:
Wow, I cried a lot in this book!

When a book has been made into a movie, I never prefer having the picture on the cover. Nevertheless, I still read this book :) The problem was, though, that I kept picturing the actors on the cover as the characters in the book, which bugged me. However, if you had to picture actors as the characters you were reading, the mom, dad and Ellen were not a problem as portrayed (there's only one son pictured on the cover, and two in the book, so I'm not sure how it's handled in the movie). At least, not in my head anyway :)

Lame book review from BookCrossing, part the second:
Well, I'm not going to get to write much more of a journal entry. While I was reading this, I kept folding down the corners of different pages, thinking I'd refer back to those pages as I wrote my notes. I have a lot of corners folded down, but I'm not taking this book back home with me! I read it while in Erfurt, Germany (former East Germany), and it's staying here :)

I hope to leave it at the HauptBahnhof, which is next door to our hotel. If not there, then somewhere in Frankfurt, while we wait for our plane.

I did enjoy it, but it was also very sad. . ..
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One True Thing.

message 1: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy I have a copy of this book ready for The Reader Release Challenge. :)

Antof9 because I released it in Germany? :)

message 3: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy Antof9 wrote: "because I released it in Germany? :)"

That would work, actually, but because it's a book made into a movie. That works even better.

Antof9 oh yeah! I forgot the "movie tie-in" option :)

message 5: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy More excuses for a run to our favorite bookstore-- Goodwill!

Antof9 totally!