Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids's Reviews > Silver

Silver by Talia Vance

Celtic mythology, forbidden romance, and plenty of intrigued, Silver is a debut that introduced me to a timeless world set within it's own, as well as modern times, and left me wanting more. The pacing of Silver was great. It's a story that left me trying to figure out what was going along side the main protagonist, Brianna, which I liked. I liked not knowing everything, and having the story's mythology and the mystery behind what exactly Brianna is unravel slowly. It's through Blake, the story's romantic interest that we discover more about the world Brianna has been trying to hide, and what Blake is sworn to protect. By not giving me everything at the same time, Talia allowed her story to develop more, and at the same time kept me completely intrigued with everything that was happening.

I'm a sucker for mythology, the supernatural, forbidden romance, danger, self discovery, and the possibility that fate might turn out differently that it's been predicated. All of which are well defined and helped make this story what it was for me. Silver is full of twists, surprise, and characters are definitely not all they first seem to be. I loved the story's rich Celtic lore, and Greek mythology. There's not very many YA books that have both of these lores together, and it hooked me. I liked the two different variations of the same legend that have been passed down from generation to generation with both the guys and the girls in this story, and ancient feud that has come from it.

The Sons of Killian and the Daughters of Danu is a lore I think many readers will enjoy. It's about love, lust, romance, protection and heartache. The history of these two lines is incredibly fascinating. I loved the magical aspect of the lineage and the history that binds the two together. It also provided the perfect back drop for the forbidden romance, and the unsuspecting twists that occur in the book. The other thing that hooked is the way this story is told. I love it's rich history and they way this other world was set within our own. Silver is an engaging story with a mesmerizing folklore that had me reading this book in one sitting. I would definitely recommend picking this one up. I'm looking forward to finding out what happens to Brianna, Blake, Austin and the rest of the characters in it's sequel, Gold.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Silver.

September 13, 2012 – Shelved
October 21, 2012 – Shelved as: 2012-release
October 21, 2012 – Shelved as: books-i-own
October 21, 2012 – Shelved as: signed-books-arcs
Started Reading
November 10, 2012 – Shelved as: 2012-100-book-challenge
November 10, 2012 – Shelved as: 2012-debut-author
November 10, 2012 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Tanya (new) - added it

Tanya Marie Celtic lore and Greek mythology together!! I have to read this now :)

Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids She does a fabulous job at pulling these two together. I'm a sucker for lore and mythology, and loved this one.