Annie Brewer's Reviews > Any Other Night

Any Other Night by Anne Pfeffer

liked it

I wanted to love this book, I really did. But I just...didn't. That's not saying it was horrible, it just wasn't for me. I couldn't connect to Ryan. His voice did nothing for me. I felt bad for the things he went through, but that was the extent of it. I come across so many books that I just love and wanna live in their stories. But this one, I started it, I put it down, I forgot about it. And then looking through my kindle, I saw it and remembered I started it but didn't finish it. And not just once, but maybe twice, or three times. I cant remember now. So I read it some more, hoping I'd get sucked into the story enough to finish. But sadly, I put it down and once again forgot about it.

I hate when I read a book that doesn't touch my heart, my soul enough to care to finish it. I'm an emotional person and yet I didn't feel emotionally invested in Ryan's story. Sorry Ryan, it's not entirely your fault. I just needed a gripping, engaging story that holds onto me and doesn't let go. Maybe it was just me. Who knows? And everyone that knows me, knows how much I favor the guy's pov over the females. So that sucked to not fully enjoy it. But we can't like 'em all I suppose.

Even though this book had its moments and even though it didn't work for me, hopefully it'll work for others.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Any Other Night.

Finished Reading
August 4, 2012 – Shelved (Paperback Edition)
September 13, 2012 – Shelved